The new Cowon J3 has micro sdhc slot (from audible pdf)
Mar 25, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 65
I think this is amazing fantastic good news, as long as it's accurate.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 65
if it's real cowon has the final J3 from some months...
the pdf was created on 11/02/10 (and who created it must have the final product to publish the guide)...

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 65
this is really good news. Now my decision is harder - get the Zune HD now, or wait for the J3 (release date in the US unknown).

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is really good news. Now my decision is harder - get the Zune HD now, or wait for the J3 (release date in the US unknown).

Get the SFLO:2, it's got a MicroSDHC and has the best SQ of any DAP on the market today.

I got my wife a ZuneHD and while it sounds really good for a mass produced player the SFLO:2 is even better.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the SFLO:2, it's got a MicroSDHC and has the best SQ of any DAP on the market today.

I got my wife a ZuneHD and while it sounds really good for a mass produced player the SFLO:2 is even better.

Out of curiosity what do either of those players have to do with “The new Cowon J3 has micro sdhc slot (from audible pdf)?” Why not buy one when they come out and compare to make your statement valid.

BTW, I think it’s good news on the J3, hope it turns out better than the O2 and hopefully Cowon can start incorporating expansion slots on more players. Still waiting to see if they release a much larger i9 …

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #7 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity what do either of those players have to do with “The new Cowon J3 has micro sdhc slot (from audible pdf)?” Why not buy one when they come out and compare to make your statement valid.

BTW, I think it’s good news on the J3, hope it turns out better than the O2 and hopefully Cowon can start incorporating expansion slots on more players. Still waiting to see if they release a much larger i9 …

The user I was replying to was contemplating a ZuneHD and this new player with an SDHC slot. If having an SDHC slot was part of his consideration which it sounds like it was I offered up my opinion on a player that is out now has an SDHC slot and sounds better than the ZuneHD which I have directly compared it to, which was one of his options.

In other words I threw out a 3rd option he may not have considered that is probably going to be better than both options. That's kind of how these forums work, you have certain choices and features you want you research and narrow it down to a few models that meets your needs, but then someone may suggest something you have not considered that ends up being a better choice.

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 65
Quote:

swanlee - thanks for your thoughtful input. I do not want to derail this thread into a "which player I should get next" one, so I will keep it short. The S:Flo2 is/was on my short list, however, I decided to stick with a major brand for this purchase (MS/Cowon/Sony/Sansa) mainly due to product experience (product design/GUI) and support (firmware updates, warranty).

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 65
Well,

Hello all, and it is nice to hear that the possibility does exist for the J3 to have expandability. That would make this a nice offering as it appears from uPhailLife's observation (a user at iAUDIOphile.net) of it having a button for Shockwave Flash instead of Flash (7?). Which apparently is more powerful...

Add that and the microSDHC card slot, and you effectively have an S9 and possibly a D2 Replacement... (though I would prefer something tiny like the D2, I would like to see a D3 too!!!)

This is good news coming from the COWON Stable. I may have to get one. I miss BBE/+

Hi Swanlee,

Options are good, no? hehehe... I agree with you about the current supremacy of the s:flo2, as i have it myself, but wouldn't mind another NICE PLAYER, especially finally a nice COWON. Now if only it had a 10-band EQ!!!

Lets see them go head to head, eh???

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 65
I was debating getting the i9, but saw a couple of articles on ABI - will definately wait for the J3 now tho
biggrin.gif

BTW, why would the pic have both British and US coins if it was an Audible manual? Its not fake, is it?

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 65
The USB cable the S9 uses is to allow quality TV-out, which wouldn't be possible with a standard micro apparently. So if the J3 has the same TV fucntion, I'd imagine it will use the same usb jack. Micro SD, if true, is brilliant news, and makes me want this even more!

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #15 of 65
Quote:

Are you telling me it also sounds better than the HiFI Man, I thought the HiFI Man was the best player on the market ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back