The New Chord Quartet MScaler Discussion Thread
May 10, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #19 of 181
See uploaded video parts of Rob explaining here:

Sorry for it being 6 shorts and it was a bit noisy around. Click on playlist for the right order.. Hope its still useful 😉

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #21 of 181
QMS + Mojo 2 or HMS + DAVE?

:ksc75smile:

May 10, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #22 of 181
May 11, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 181
May 11, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #24 of 181
QMS + Mojo 2 or HMS + DAVE?

:ksc75smile:
It would be a really interesting test if there is a point at which the taps can no longer be resolved because the dac lacks resolution. 4e vs 20e pulse array might be a big difference.

May 11, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #25 of 181
It would be a really interesting test if there is a point at which the taps can no longer be resolved because the dac lacks resolution. 4e vs 20e pulse array might be a big difference.
Rob explained also (its in the films) that he fathomed a mystery regarding the windowing function of his WTA. The boundaries in which the sync function is finited.

I think it means he potentially can make every tap more efficient, and a small change cummulated to millions can bring a massive improvement.

Perhaps @Rob Watts can shed some light on this.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #26 of 181
Rob explained also (its in the films) that he fathomed a mystery regarding the windowing function of his WTA. The boundaries in which the sync function is finited.

I think it means he potentially can make every tap more efficient, and a small change cummulated to millions can bring a massive improvement.

Perhaps @Rob Watts can shed some light on this.
He solved the problem of closing the windowing function slowly (the taps going from pure sync to zero). For the taps that are pure sync he still needs a lot more processing power.

This is basically what I got:
„Auf kipp“ solved: IMG_0592.jpeg
Not solved:
IMG_0593.jpeg

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #27 of 181
He solved the problem of closing the windowing function slowly (the taps going from pure sync to zero). For the taps that are pure sync he still needs a lot more processing power.

This is basically what I got:
„Auf kipp“ solved:IMG_0592.jpeg
Not solved:IMG_0593.jpeg
If it rains taps.. that could be a problem😂

May 11, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #28 of 181
Early Listening Impressions
A friend of mine was able to get an audition yesterday in Munich. His words to me…

“It’s really really clean. Not sure if too clean yet. Using meze elite! It’s weird - like it’s pure analogue but digital all at the same time”

When I asked about costs…

“They don’t have the costs worked out yet. Still a way to go for production.”

May 11, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #29 of 181
Early Listening Impressions
A friend of mine was able to get an audition yesterday in Munich. His words to me…

“It’s really really clean. Not sure if too clean yet. Using meze elite! It’s weird - like it’s pure analogue but digital all at the same time”

When I asked about costs…

“They don’t have the costs worked out yet. Still a way to go for production.”
Is your friend familiar with the Dave? The description sounds more like something I would attribute to solo Dave.

May 11, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #30 of 181
how many BNC cables would one need to connect the DAVE to the Quartet MScaler? 2 or 4 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back