The NEW ATH-ES700..
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #751 of 1,098
Any ideas how to correct the headband?
If you mean bending the metal like in the es7, Don't Even Try It"..
The metal is too hard to bend at the joint by the cups and you would break the plastic before the metal ever bends..

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #752 of 1,098
The metal is too hard to bend at the joint by the cups and you would break the plastic before the metal ever bends..

It actually happened to me :frowning2: I'm waiting for a headband replacement from Japan :frowning2:

EDIT: Here it is

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #753 of 1,098
I have them :)

Well my impression from ES7 is that ES700 has a better build quality are more comfortable and they have more tuned middle and treble, but bass is sometimes punchy on very high volume, maybe it is due to lack of burn in.

For the bass I like ATH-CKS77x more but overall they are better for vocals and has a happiness feeling :) 

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #756 of 1,098

No. I don't like that the headband wrinkles/creases when you put the ES700 on your head (like here). The ATH-ES10, ATH-ESW11LTD and ATH-ESW10JPN don't have this aesthetic defect.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #759 of 1,098
Strangely enough, I ended up buying this set of cans based on a trial by ear in the store.

I didn't like the more expensive portable models as much, including the wood backed ones

The ES500 and below were also meh.  The bass response seemed much better on the ES700.

I picked mine up for 11500 yen or so.  Thinking about going on an adventure to find replacement pads before I leave here.

After wearing in the factory pads, bass is much better.  The longer you wear it, the better it sounds, if you can tolerate the pressure on your ears from the thin pads.

Sep 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #760 of 1,098
I just made the voyage to track down the WS55 pads in Japan.  They are fairly expensive here, so the ebay auction really isn't too far off.  In fact, the guy in the auction told me where I'd might be able to get them in Japan.  Great guy!

Comfort wise, amazing improvement.  They are slightly oval, so be sure to position them correctly.

Sound wise, I feel that I'm giving up something over the stock ES700 pads.  Maybe I need to wear them in a bit more, but I feel that things sound a bit more laid back and less impactful (using EDM as the source).  Upper midrange seems a bit harsh, especially in higher pitched female vocals and anything that has reverberation.  The stock pads felt more "dead" sounding, like in a well isolated room, very direct.

I may be selling these if I don't like them.  I was planning to use these for DJing and while I do enjoy the comfort, I'd rather hear the beats and melodies as they were before.

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #764 of 1,098
I read it was out of stock for a period in japan and also these have latest drivers at 42mm and I can confirm magnet slightly stronger than esw9 and similar tone to es10 and as much or more details than a dt1350 and you have a can that is one of the top "on ear" portables IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back