The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jul 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #691 of 1,098
Quote:
Can anyone compare the es700 to the mdr v6 for me ? I listen to mostly prog metal. Headphone that i own is the dt770pro and the ms1i. I love the ms1i for metal but i would love some soundstage and i also need a portable closed back headphone. Or should i get other headphone ? Thanks !

When it comes to metal I would definitely recommend the ES700s between those two. Audio Technica is going to have a better sound for metal.

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #692 of 1,098
Grrr. Amazon JP will not ship to UK. Will have to wait until my holiday to Tokyo next April
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #693 of 1,098
Grrr. Amazon JP will not ship to UK. Will have to wait until my holiday to Tokyo next April :veryevil:

Just ask a fellow HF'er to do you a favor of buying & shipping them to you. I do that for people all the time,...

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #697 of 1,098
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm wanting to know that, are ES700 a good all-rounder portable headphone?
I'm pretty much listening to genres like EDM, Rock, Hip-Hop, RnB, K-Pop, Rock and sometimes acoustics. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I would say so, but if you want to wear these out and about their isolation is average at best. They don't isolate all that well sadly.

But do sound great with all genres. The ATH WS99s might be a better option if you listen to lots of hip hop/ EDM and they isolate better/ are more comfy as well.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #698 of 1,098
Quote:
I would say so, but if you want to wear these out and about their isolation is average at best. They don't isolate all that well sadly.

But do sound great with all genres. The ATH WS99s might be a better option if you listen to lots of hip hop/ EDM and they isolate better/ are more comfy as well.

The AT products that sells here in my country are limited. I can't find any store or online store that selling WS99 here.
I quite stuck in between this and M50 for portable use as the WS99 is very hard to find... sadly.
frown.gif

How do ES700 compared to the M50?
which one do you prefer over these two? Cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #699 of 1,098
Quote:
The AT products that sells here in my country are limited. I can't find any store or online store that selling WS99 here.
I quite stuck in between this and M50 for portable use as the WS99 is very hard to find... sadly.
frown.gif

How do ES700 compared to the M50?
which one do you prefer over these two? Cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmm that sucks to hear about the WS99s....

Never heard the M50s but have owned their Monoprice DJ bootleg version, and many say they sound very similar. Lets just say the ES700s are much more refined esp. in the mids region. The overall sound of the ES700s is much more intricate/ complex compared to the dull/ basic sound of the Monoprice DJ cans.

For $20 what you get from the Monoprice DJs is a steal indeed, esp. since you get pretty good bass quality/ quantity, ok mids as well as highs, but the ES700s is a completely different animal/ beast. And if the M50s indeed sound very similar to the Monoprice DJs then it is a no brainer the ES700s is gonna best them. You might get more bass quantity on the M50s, but quality wise the ES700s should be better not just in the mids/ highs but bass as well, me thinks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/569239/monoprice-hi-fi-dj-style-headphone-review

The Kicker cans are the same as the Monoprice DJs it seems and the nutman did a comparo with the M50 in his thread wayyy back.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/567900/09-m50-reincarnated-the-kicker-hp541-a-headfi-first-duo-take

Happy reading. :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #700 of 1,098
Somebody should post me a comparison of the ES700's versus the KEF M500's. That would be interesting!

Edit: I'm just interested in a comparison of the SQ.

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #701 of 1,098
Quote:
Somebody should post me a comparison of the ES700's versus the KEF M500's. That would be interesting!

Edit: I'm just interested in a comparison of the SQ.

Maybe you should get them both and give us some impressions instead.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit: Even better I'm just interested in seeing pics of them both in your possession no need for impressions. Just trying to help you out WAYNE.
devil_face.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #703 of 1,098
Using my ES700 every day at work with my DACport and love them. They are great with any genre. My only negative point so far is the cracking noise they make when moving or eating lunch :p

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #705 of 1,098
Have someone bought them from here http://www.amazon.co.jp/オーディオテクニカ-ATH-ES700-audio-technica-EARSUIT-ポータブルヘッドホン/dp/B009S334NK ?

Could someone buy them and send them to europe?

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back