The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #3,421 of 4,136
  I have sent plenty of sound cards to external dacs thru optical for years. As long you config the sound card's Virtual headphone up correctly as in setting windows and games to 5.1 with the Sound card panel to headphones. Dolby Headphone,CMSS3D and SBX surround will work very well. Just remember to unselected Full range in the check boxes when you setting the speakers to 5.1 in windows sound options  in control panel so they will work correctly.

Thanks for the reply. 
And uh.. since the datais being sent to the Modi2U, the real processing of the sound will be made from it , correct ?
So I'm bypassing the PCIe card, which leads to not necessarily buy the best soundcard in market but one with the desired 'effects' w/o losing much SQ.... right ?

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,422 of 4,136

Thanks for the reply. 
And uh.. since the datais being sent to the Modi2U, the real processing of the sound will be made from it , correct ?
So I'm bypassing the PCIe card, which leads to not necessarily buy the best soundcard in market but one with the desired 'effects' w/o losing much SQ.... right ?

Yea all you doing is sending the virtual headphone tech to your external dac.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #3,423 of 4,136
Bought a Xonar DX =] 
Now it's wait until I'm back to Brazil and then check the sound out of my desktop. Thanks for all info. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #3,424 of 4,136
Sup Guys? How do you find superlux hd668b for gaming (I feel like im into them), practically for CS:GO (nice positioning needed). Is it good itself, do I need some extra sound card or virtual surround device? I found it pretty inresting cuz it is huge what is good for my ears, cuz some headphones hurt a lot and my headphone which I use - Panasonic RP-HTF295 was hurting for a while, but then I adjusted to it.

And what do you think about Gemini-HRS1000? Takstar Monitor Hi-fi Headphone HI 2050?

Can you please also say if you can this: can I adjust to  Aurora Live (if superlux is not fine) cuz they seem to be pretty narrow?

Thank you for your feedback.

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #3,425 of 4,136
  I have sent plenty of sound cards to external dacs thru optical for years. As long you config the sound card's Virtual headphone up correctly as in setting windows and games to 5.1 with the Sound card panel to headphones. Dolby Headphone,CMSS3D and SBX surround will work very well. Just remember to unselected Full range in the check boxes when you setting the speakers to 5.1 in windows sound options  in control panel so they will work correctly.

I've been using full range turned on and ticked for all speakers (including sub) whilst using 5.1 in windows sound settings and headphones + cmss3d selected in creatives console, for years, so i've been doing it wrong? 

What's the difference? 

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #3,427 of 4,136
  Update: Choosing between Creative Aurvana Live!, Gemini-HRS1000 or Sennheiser 558.

I would say in terms of Competitive gaming HD558>CAL

In terms of Immersive gaming CAL>HD558

I dont know about the Gemini, never tried them or read about them.

But honestly, you cant go wrong with either the CAL or 558. It really depends what kind of gaming you do or what  you want from it.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #3,429 of 4,136

Honestly, like I said, your motherboards sound is probably poo comapred to dedicated sound cards. Even if it has creatives software, its just software and Im not sure but i think your motherboard still uses realtek audio chipset.

With the X7 you dont need an SB Z anymore. X7 is all you need. The X7 is run through USB for PC and optical for consoles and should be better than your mix amp and your onboard audio.

MSI gaming 5 onboard is almost on par with my asus dx..i cant tell the difference most of the time really. onbaord is really good these days

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #3,430 of 4,136
I'm getting a small buzz in my Titanium HD  when I come out of sleep...think this might of happened after I cooked a pair of opamps I was swapping..not sure. Sound card works properly otherwise.

I'm a gamer, mostly ARMA and I've sort of gotten itchy feet and want something new.

Is there a better option than my current X-fi HD going into an 02 amp into headphones?

Cheers

P.S I like CMSS for positional dynamics...or is the latest stuff better now?

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #3,431 of 4,136
Has anybody here managed to get their Titanium HD fully working on Windows 10? I've tried Daniel K's unofficial support pack 3.3 and 3.4, but neither work for me. They install everything and all seems to be working just fine without errors, there's just no sound.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #3,432 of 4,136
Has anybody here managed to get their Titanium HD fully working on Windows 10? I've tried Daniel K's unofficial support pack 3.3 and 3.4, but neither work for me. They install everything and all seems to be working just fine without errors, there's just no sound.

Official windows 10 support should come in October.

Source: http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #3,433 of 4,136
The aforementioned Support Pack is version 3.5 now, try that. Seems to work fine with my Titanium HD, at any rate; it's producing sound, control panels work, etc. I just need to install all the games again.

Yeah, I'm finally getting Windows 10 all set up on my desktop. Been so busy that I haven't had time to do it 'til now, alongside some setbacks with backing up my Windows install properly.

I'm getting a small buzz in my Titanium HD  when I come out of sleep...think this might of happened after I cooked a pair of opamps I was swapping..not sure. Sound card works properly otherwise.

I'm a gamer, mostly ARMA and I've sort of gotten itchy feet and want something new.

Is there a better option than my current X-fi HD going into an 02 amp into headphones?

Cheers

P.S I like CMSS for positional dynamics...or is the latest stuff better now?

If you like CMSS-3D, stick with the Titanium HD. You're not going to get anything with it now since it's all SBX Pro Surround at this point, which I don't necessarily feel sounds better from a positioning standpoint. That's just my ears, though.

As for the amp, that's always matched to the headphones, not the other way around. Pick the headphones you want first, then pick the amp to drive 'em if you need it.

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #3,434 of 4,136
@motorwayne

I have the X-Fi Titanium HD and the new ZxR. It's harder to figure out the ZxR at first for positional audio, but once you figure it out, it's pretty much exactly as good. The sound quality is essentially identical as well, so you honestly won't be upgrading anything from the X-Fi Titanium HD to the ZxR unless you really want a volume knob/inputs (they are convenient) or need super clean inputs for recording/measurements with the dB Pro.

Also, for going to an O2, I find the Titanium HD to be excellent for this. I just run RCAs to the O2 so it only hits the DAC (and can still use all of the software features) before going to the O2.

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #3,435 of 4,136
  The aforementioned Support Pack is version 3.5 now, try that. Seems to work fine with my Titanium HD, at any rate; it's producing sound, control panels work, etc. I just need to install all the games again.

Yeah, I'm finally getting Windows 10 all set up on my desktop. Been so busy that I haven't had time to do it 'til now, alongside some setbacks with backing up my Windows install properly.

Weird, I got no sound with those drivers. Everything seemed to work fine, just no sound.

Anyway, most official W10 Creative drivers are out. The only way I got it working was installing these, then installing Daniel's support pack to get Console launcher etc. working. Daniel said version 3.7 will include Titanium HD support.

Everything works fine now, I finally have good positioning back. You guys have no idea what the 'normal' gamers have to go through with default sound, it's terrible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back