The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Sep 1, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #3,437 of 4,136
Hello people.

Does anyone here own X-FI xtreme gamer soundcard? Can it do CMSS for headphones through optical/flexijack? Or do I need X-Fi Titanium non HD, which I've read can do it for sure?

I mainly want a soundcard for older games, which support fully 3D sound and EAX with hardware accelerated soundcards. There are some games, that can use OpenAL soft and it works quite well, but most can't, so I want a cheap soundcard for these features. Xtreme gamer is cheaper than X-FI titanium where I live, so if it can do CMSS through optical, it would be perfect. 

Thank you.

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #3,438 of 4,136
Hello friends!
I've finally installed an Asus Xonar DX on my computer and I can say that it's pretty good.
My idea is using the DSP over optical to a schiit stack but I'm still fixing some power issues on my room and I'm afraid of using it yet.
However, while playing Metro 2033 Redux I could test some of the pre-set dps settings. Any of you recommend one to use ? Any particular setting to look for to improve immersion ? Thanks!

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #3,440 of 4,136
Hello people.

Does anyone here own X-FI xtreme gamer soundcard? Can it do CMSS for headphones through optical/flexijack? Or do I need X-Fi Titanium non HD, which I've read can do it for sure?

I mainly want a soundcard for older games, which support fully 3D sound and EAX with hardware accelerated soundcards. There are some games, that can use OpenAL soft and it works quite well, but most can't, so I want a cheap soundcard for these features. Xtreme gamer is cheaper than X-FI titanium where I live, so if it can do CMSS through optical, it would be perfect. 

Thank you.

I haven't tested that card myself (never owned one), but I see no reason for it not to work like on any other X-Fi card, so long as you have the Flexijack adapter for S/PDIF-out.

Just enable "Play Stereo Mix using Digital Output" and set everything else up like usual.

Weird, I got no sound with those drivers. Everything seemed to work fine, just no sound.

Anyway, most official W10 Creative drivers are out. The only way I got it working was installing these, then installing Daniel's support pack to get Console launcher etc. working. Daniel said version 3.7 will include Titanium HD support.

Everything works fine now, I finally have good positioning back. You guys have no idea what the 'normal' gamers have to go through with default sound, it's terrible...

Those drivers worked fine for me, so I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm just lucky with these things.

Hello friends!
I've finally installed an Asus Xonar DX on my computer and I can say that it's pretty good.
My idea is using the DSP over optical to a schiit stack but I'm still fixing some power issues on my room and I'm afraid of using it yet.
However, while playing Metro 2033 Redux I could test some of the pre-set dps settings. Any of you recommend one to use ? Any particular setting to look for to improve immersion ? Thanks!

I don't have the Redux version, so I can't help you all that much.

All I can suggest is to try them all out for yourself and decide with your own two ears.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #3,441 of 4,136
Hey guys I need to ask here :) as I'm PC gamer only, I'm looking for some headphones for immersive experience when I'm watching movies or play games. Just to be clear, I'm not a competitive gamer(from FPS genre mostly BF4 and just casual), I like playing various genres and love watching movies and listening to music(electronica, rock, hiphop/rap).

Just looking for some full IMMERSIVE experience mostly in movies and games (good bass and treble but not bad highs either, just emphasis on bass and treble) and it's sooo hard to find a good headphones. I wonder is it even possible...

Prefer straight cable, removable, mic not needed.

Of course they must be closed because I'dont want make any noise during my nighttime sessions.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #3,442 of 4,136
Hey guys I need to ask here
smily_headphones1.gif
as I'm PC gamer only, I'm looking for some headphones for immersive experience when I'm watching movies or play games. Just to be clear, I'm not a competitive gamer(from FPS genre mostly BF4 and just casual), I like playing various genres and love watching movies and listening to music(electronica, rock, hiphop/rap).

Just looking for some full IMMERSIVE experience mostly in movies and games (good bass and treble but not bad highs either, just emphasis on bass and treble) and it's sooo hard to find a good headphones. I wonder is it even possible...

Of course they must be closed because I'dont want make any noise during my nighttime sessions.

Give a budget.

Immersive audio is meant to sound realistic. Elevated bass and treble is not that. Sounds like you want something fun which is fine.

Beyerdynamic DT 770 match what you want well.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #3,447 of 4,136
Hey guys I need to ask here
smily_headphones1.gif
as I'm PC gamer only, I'm looking for some headphones for immersive experience when I'm watching movies or play games. Just to be clear, I'm not a competitive gamer(from FPS genre mostly BF4 and just casual), I like playing various genres and love watching movies and listening to music(electronica, rock, hiphop/rap).

Hi! I'm was in the same situation than you! 
I have a DT770 32ohm and it's good for its price. probably a high impedance model will be even better (most likely the 80ohm one -- if I'm not mistaken they have better bass). 
My X2 is open but is superb. Really no complains, only good times.

Good luck!

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #3,448 of 4,136
Have you read MLE guide?

Yeah and many other threads as well :)

Hi! I'm was in the same situation than you! 
I have a DT770 32ohm and it's good for its price. probably a high impedance model will be even better (most likely the 80ohm one -- if I'm not mistaken they have better bass). 
My X2 is open but is superb. Really no complains, only good times.

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer! :)

Well my options are :

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plu
Skullcandy PLYR 1 (it's wireless and I love wireless) - bit worried about the quality of these, would love if someone share their experience
Sony MDR-1R/1A - still wondering how is that bass done here

.....and I don't know, so many choices and so little right ones...

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #3,449 of 4,136
Yeah and many other threads as well :)

Thanks for the answer! :)

Well my options are :

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plu
Skullcandy PLYR 1 (it's wireless and I love wireless) - bit worried about the quality of these, would love if someone share their experience
Sony MDR-1R/1A - still wondering how is that bass done here

.....and I don't know, so many choices and so little right ones...

Go with the Custome One Pro. You will like them for their immersive sound while still retaining positional accuracy. You can also go with he the CAL which is also cheaper and sound good

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #3,450 of 4,136
CAL 1 or CAL 2? CAL 2 is a better looking one tbh. 

I would buy anything up to 200euro IF the BASS is punchy and live but done right. Well, all I'm looking is that WOW effect and fun headphones. I'm not working in studio and I really don't need analytical headphones, I'm not a professional :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back