1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The most "fun" pair of headphones? (Closed)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by BuddhaBruce, May 23, 2017.
  1. BuddhaBruce
    I'm looking to buy a pair of closed cans to pair with my He-560s. I find my 560s to be pretty neutral with some bosst in the highs and I like that. However, I need something to compliment my 560s when im traveling/ on-the-go.

What are some "fun" or dynamic headphones that stray from a neutral sound? I was originally looking at B&W P7, Oppo PM-3, Meze99, Fostex TH-X00...etc

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. BuddhaBruce
  3. BenF
    They are a lot cheaper :)
    If you are looking for fun, they would be hard to beat - despite the 70$ price tag.

4. TMRaven
    I'd look into the TH-X00 purpleheart.

PM3s are rather neutrally tuned with a warm tilt.

TH-x00 are more transportable though, as they're not too small and don't seal too well. PM3 are pretty portable.

5. BuddhaBruce

You mean PM-3 are more transportable?

Yea I was very interested in the Purple Hearts but I'm not sure how the Semi-Open design works for sound isolation. I was also considering the B&W P7 wired/wireless orrrr Audeze Sine

6. TMRaven
    No,

PM3 are portable
    TH-X00 are transportable

The isolation is enough on the TH-X00 that you can block out some noise coming in and out, but I definitely wouldn't use them sitting next to anybody.