The Most Comfortable Phones
Jul 1, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 29
I find the comfortness of my ety's superior to other headphones I have used. Of course this was only true after using them constantly for around 2 weeks+. No sweat, and I virtually forget their in my ears when in use.

oops didn't see its supposed to be under $100.

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Sony F-1. No contest.

Hirsch is correct. What the rest of you think is comfortable is my equivalent of medieval torture (Grado's? Senn 280's? 497's?)
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #18 of 29
Thanks for all the info...

ok I should have said I'd like these to work for air travel-- so I can handle folding full-size, but not the non-folding senns, for ex.

I've read some of the unending debate over the sound of the D66's-- but is there a consensus on comfort level of these guys?

Thanks again

-

Jul 1, 2003 at 10:21 PM Post #19 of 29
Grado's? You've got to be kidding. They can be tolerable only because they sound so good.

Jul 1, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 29
I find the D66 Eggos to be quite comfortable. I like to take them off after an hour or two to rest my ears for a few, but I think that their sound and portability are great!

Jul 2, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #21 of 29
I did some reading... Of all the suggestions, I think only the A500, D66, and 570 are < US$100, with the Grado's comfort in dispute. (don't want used) Any more opinons on these models?

I've read a lot good about the Sony V6 here-- how is it comfortwise? What about HD202/212?

If you had to fly coast-to-coast a lot, what would you want with you?

Thanks!

-

Jul 2, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 29
I didn't really get to use the 570's much, but the A500's have a better sound, so I'd rule them out...the A500's definetely, but the Eggos are also nice, but make your head tender...I thought the 570/590 band felt kind of weird when I listened to them, but I can't make an opinion of them from that.
600smile.gif

Jul 2, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #23 of 29
Sony V6s are very comfortable if you spring for the velour pads. I can wear mine for hours on end. Total for headphones and pads, including shipping, comes to around $110.

Though if you're flying a lot, you might want to consider some Ety ER-6s or the lower-level Shures. They're in-ear phones with more isolation than you're going to find in a circumaural headphones.

Or if you can afford it, go for the Sennheiser PXC-250. Read reviews here for comfort; people seem to like it.

Jul 2, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #24 of 29
well, my opinion is that if your head is on the smaller side, the Senn HD600's are the most comfy...i can wear them for as long as i want to. i once wore them for 10 hours straight. but some people complain about too much pressure, which i can understand...but that also can be fixed by placing a couple of books in btwn the cups while not in use. of course you'de have to go used to be able to buy them for under 100 bux. it is well worth it though. another pair that comes to mind are the Sony MDR F1's...again go used. their pads are made with suade (IMO the best material for padding) and doesn't even feel like you're wearing headphones at all. the only downside is that they are a little too loose, even for a person with a normal sized head, and can slide off easily. but again, that can be fixed by wrapping a rubber band around the base of the two wires, near the top of the cups, that arch over the head. when making your decision, don't try to fullfill every single possible need and want because there simply isn't a headphone that exists that does this...however, there is always a solution, so need to worry. just ask a member named gerG about personally fixing or moding his headphones in order to adjust them to his liking
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 2, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #25 of 29
I agree with zeplin. I find the HD580/600 to be the most confortable. I can wear them 3-4 hours at a stretch. And most imporatnatly, they don;t make my head sweat and the velour pads are the most comfortable material IMHO

Jul 3, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #26 of 29
yes, yes- and wearing the 600's for prolonged periods will make you smarter (or think you are).

This thread is about the equivalent of:
Q: "What's the sportiest car I can get for under $25K?"
A: "I love my Mercedes CL600. You won't go wrong with that!"
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Based on some of the other posts, I decided just to go try some HD212's. ($45 at Good Guys-- no hassle return)

I'll post some impressions, and whether I keep them, after I've spent some time with them.

Thanks

Jul 3, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #28 of 29
Congrats on the Sennheisers. We look forward to hearing how you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back