The most beautiful headphones you know of?
Jan 11, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #436 of 590
Yeah but I'm also afraid of spending $900 for somebody to screw with my favorite pair of headphones.  I might possibly, perhaps think about letting somebody mod my M50s, but I love them so much it would be difficult.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm too scared to get my D7000s modded, because I'm afraid when I get them back I won't love them as much.

Yes, but the not knowing will always haunt you. Better to just give in to your curiosity.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #437 of 590
Elongated anything looks really awkward... like tubes... Wearing big wooden cups makes anyone look like a monkey. They're in denial if they think the big wooden cups look good on them.

However, the ESW10JPN is probably the classiest headphone you'll ever find.

Quote:
Yeah, the elongated wooden cups thing just does not do it for me at all. They look downright silly to me, actually.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #438 of 590

Quote:
Elongated anything looks really awkward... like tubes... Wearing big wooden cups makes anyone look like a monkey. They're in denial if they think the big wooden cups look good on them.

Quote:
Yeah, the elongated wooden cups thing just does not do it for me at all. They look downright silly to me, actually.

I actually prefer the ES7 to the ESW10.

Though I find D5000's and D7000's to look nicer then most other headphones.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #439 of 590
I think my ATH woodies and my sold Denon D7000 look like pieces of art, but wearing them...  yup. I look like a monkey. Anyone that I have ever let try my headphones, look like a monkey.

Headphones like AKG K701 or Sennheiser HD800, look like an alien.

Monkeys and aliens...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I actually prefer the ES7 to the ESW10.

Though I find D5000's and D7000's to look nicer then most other headphones.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #440 of 590
Yeah I'll agree with that on head they are ridiculously huge, but they are impressive and the FEEL impressive. Even the lower end of Denon's are really well built. It's pretty obvious they didn't want to skimp on constuction.

If it were me though, I'd get an LA2000 and have them make the cups like R10's.

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #441 of 590

Quote:
I think my ATH woodies and my sold Denon D7000 look like pieces of art, but wearing them...  yup. I look like a monkey. Anyone that I have ever let try my headphones, look like a monkey.

Headphones like AKG K701 or Sennheiser HD800, look like an alien.

Monkeys and aliens...

I'm not sure there's any headphone I think looks good worn. And I've seen quite a few of them on people's domes. That said, there are quite a few I like sitting by themselves. The Denon and AT ones are gorgeous, as are most wooden and metal Grados. A lot of the headphones in this thread caught my fancy, though I agree with the notion that the elongated bits are a turnoff for me. I value simplicity over bling, so things like the HE-5 just speak to me more than some of the crazy ones with carbon fiber bits and sixteen different swivel joints.

And the HD800, IMO, is one of the ugliest flagships ever.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #442 of 590

Quote:
I think my D5000s are pretty schmexy.  Not as flashy as the D7000s, which I like:

Those toilet paper tubes made me chortle, but your cans look fit for any mortal. :)

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #443 of 590

I'm not a big fan of orthos, but these look snazzy.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #446 of 590

I'm with ya , I'm more of a ED10 kindof guy, nice simple brown and metal.
Quote:
Can't see why the Qualia gets so much attention, those earpads look hideously plasticy and uncomfortable (not that comfort has anything to do with it)

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #447 of 590

Quote:
I'm with ya , I'm more of a ED10 kindof guy, nice simple brown and metal.
Quote:
Can't see why the Qualia gets so much attention, those earpads look hideously plasticy and uncomfortable (not that comfort has anything to do with it)

Yup ED10 is nice, but same there - those EARPADS...! 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #449 of 590
Of course my stuff
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #450 of 590

Users who are viewing this thread

Back