The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #1,712 of 4,317

Quote:
I recently bought a soldering iron, and I've used it to repair a bunch of electronics that I thought were gone for good. It's like a whole new world!

I thought about taking the stock apple bud cable from my iphone to recable the MP8320, but I'm scared that if I mess up, I'll ruin both the buds and the monoprice.

hehe :D
Well if I replaced the cable...i would want something...i dunno looking cool - ie braided custom cable would be epic

Quote:
Is the shell made of metal, or chromed plastic?

plastic bro

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,713 of 4,317
Well actually it is chromed plastic. I took a file to my housing. Making the housing approximately 5% smaller for even more comfort.. But at the cost of your MP8320 looking like coals. It is a real ugly thick black plastic I think was dipped in chrome. From what I shaved off it does have metal on the surface.

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,714 of 4,317
I used mine almost every day.  I kinda wish I found these gems before I spent so much on other ear/headphones.  But it does make me appreciate the 8320's more now that I have listened to so many others.

I now have bought five pairs.  Two for myself and three for gifts.

I too have posted these on a car forum.  Clubroadster.net.  Must be something about Miata drivers loving these things.  I just wanted to tell everyone about them!

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #1,715 of 4,317
It was the Penguin. BloodyPenguin!  I can safely say these are somewhat of an anomaly. But you guys that have them know that. I think attention to these are great for several reasons. 

There are many insiders and such that view these sites. All they have to do is listen to these and might somehow trickle down the line and help make better earphones for cheap. Gotta encourage the good when you can. Who don't want great cheaper stuff.? I hope they improve these one day that is another reason. That is whats up with this thread. Spread the word fellas. How can you not be a fan of these. 

Quick question fellas. Which pic you guys like better. 1) Say hello to my little friends!2)Antonio Montana !"This country,you gotta make the money first..Then we get the money, you get the power. Then we get a power. Then you get the women."                                         Vote for which avatar. 1 or 2  What you guys think.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,717 of 4,317
One question, is it still worth it at USD 20? Monoprice's international shipping is about USD 30 minus the cost of the earphones to where I am and Amazon has dealers offering it at 20 shipped. I'm rather hesitant as my currency is 3 times US dollars so while the difference, in US dollars are 10 dollars, in my currency it would be 30. (Ouch!)

I did some digging around on the forums and found a few alternatives that are the price of these but didn't have ridiculous shipping, but I have a feeling these might still be better than those. (Philips SHE 3580 to name one) Any advice?

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,719 of 4,317
I would get a MP8320 only if you have medium to large sized ears. If you have small ears go for a Philips SHE3580. Both are nice earphones on the cheap. I know we had group buys for people over seas but I think that is done for now unless you can get 5 to 10 people interested in these in your country so you can do a bulk purchase which in that case would be worth it.  But if you have to spend that much. The Philips SHE3580 is a nice alternative and is a capable iem that sound great for the cash.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #1,721 of 4,317
I MIGHT have a set to sell - as my co-worker no longer uses the one I gifted him (I bought my pair off some1 for £8 and my co-worker uses his brand new EX510's)
STILL will be keeping my other paid though!

So, selling off 1 pair, and keeping another.
I live in Paris, France - so the closer to me you are, the cheaper postage costs should be - nothing confirmed yet - but I might get them - anyone interested?

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #1,722 of 4,317

Quote:
One question, is it still worth it at USD 20? Monoprice's international shipping is about USD 30 minus the cost of the earphones to where I am and Amazon has dealers offering it at 20 shipped. I'm rather hesitant as my currency is 3 times US dollars so while the difference, in US dollars are 10 dollars, in my currency it would be 30. (Ouch!)

I did some digging around on the forums and found a few alternatives that are the price of these but didn't have ridiculous shipping, but I have a feeling these might still be better than those. (Philips SHE 3580 to name one) Any advice?

how much are the sony EX310's or 510's?
I think those would be better if near enough the same price as the MEP 8320's

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #1,724 of 4,317

Quote:
I really wanted to buy these also, but b/c I do most of my listening on my iPhone on my commute or at the gym, I need something with a MIC too to take calls. :frowning2:

The Thermaltake Isurus have really good SQ once you get them burned in a little. Plenty of bass, nice clear highs, not quite as forward in the midrange as the 8320 but they are not dull by any means. Critical audiophiles will probably find them to be more neutral than the 8320 IMO. They have a mic, which I haven't used myself, but some reviews on tigerdirect say it works with the iphone & ipad. Got mine for $25 shipped on an auction site.

I haven't yet received my set of Philips SHE3580 but a lot of people here seem to like them, and I think there's a mic'ed version of those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back