The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #1,666 of 4,317

Quote:
So Dsnuts, your word has spread to car forums i see.  Quite the achievement. 

Which car forum would that be? 
biggrin.gif
 I've recommended these to someone on a car forum, and someone else came in and also recommended them (probably someone else in this thread).

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #1,667 of 4,317

Quote:
Hello,
This is my first post here, you guys have an amazing forum here. My brother got me a pair of these, and the highs and mids are amazing for IEMs of this price. The one thing that is missing is bass. There really isn't much lowend at all. What do you think is causing this, and how can I solve this?

From what I've read you need to try some different tips to get a better seal.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #1,669 of 4,317
Alright thanks. I have some tips from some old Altec Lansing's that I can try.
Cool. Don't be afraid to invest some money into getting good sound out of these IEMs. I dropped like $40 at Radio Shack for the Monster Supertips Sampler Pack and the Auvio house-brand hybrid sampler pack, and only after I did that was I satisfied. They made the difference between keeping these earphones and chucking them in the trash.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #1,670 of 4,317

Quote:
Which car forum would that be?

In my case it was miataturbo.net. Someone was asking in the off-topic section about earbuds for the gym and the 8320s were mentioned. I've had a pair of Grado SR-200s for about 20 years, figured it was about time I upgraded from the "iBuds" for my on-the-go listening, and decided $7 was worth a shot. Since buying the 8320s I have also bought the ATH-CKM50, postman delivered my Tt Isurus yesterday, and I have the SHE3850 and a Fiio E11 on order. So it looks like the 8320s pushed me into caring what comes out of my iPod.

Quote:
From what I've read you need to try some different tips to get a better seal.

If the bass still isn't weighty enough for you after getting a good seal, try some tape over the port by the nozzle. Makes a big difference.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #1,671 of 4,317
Tips absolutely make a huge difference. I use large Sony Hybrids on mine and they are perfect in every way.. The bass is not lacking on these at all. Try better tips to get a better seal first and then if the bass is not enough for you try eqing the bass end up 4dbs..This will surprise anyone that thinks these are lacking in the bass area.

I have a Sony S545 that has bass boost and using bass boost with these it is about as perfect as it is gonna get on the bass end. For the guys that don't know these eQ like you guys wouldn't believe. It will literally sound the way you want it with a bit of eQ.

Car forums? That is news to me. Lol!. Truth be told. Who don't like a proper sounding earphone on the cheap.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,673 of 4,317
Mar 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,674 of 4,317
Yes those should do just fine..I went through quite a variety of tips and it was the good old Sony Hybrids that worked the best for me. Try those out.  If you have a Sony style store near by you. You can go there and buy those for even cheaper.

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,679 of 4,317
Had these for 2 day now, it is really hard to find tips which are suitable. May really need to go source out those Sony Hybrids soon.
After I found a more suitable tips (still not perfect thou), these are sounding better and better now~ =)

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,680 of 4,317
I bought two of these picked up at the monoprice warehouse. Thing is, they both sounded very different from each other. The first one (which I use) is tinny and very shallow sounding. The other one (which I gave to my wife) sounds awesome. Damn!

I guess you get what you pay for.

My other phones are the JVC Flatts and SR60i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back