The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #1,517 of 4,317
I don't like bothering with IEM but decided to pick up the 8320 while I was ordering something else from monoprice recently.  I was pleasantly surprised after I padded the tips with a bit of memory foam for a better seal.  It really brought out the lows and a more balanced sound from the 8320.

Initially they were really uncomfortable for me without the added foam as well, it probably doesn't help that I don't really like IEMs very much.  My other complaint would be that these are a bit annoying to untangle and I get noise from the fabric coated wire rubbing against clothes/zippers sometimes.

Definitely a better choice than my old earbuds for when I'm not using full sized headphones.

edit: especially at the pricepoint

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,522 of 4,317
Where can i get a set of these in AUS?? ebay?

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #1,524 of 4,317
Wow, these headphones are the absolute truth.  For the price, they are incredible.  Right out of the box the highs are a bit sharp and bass hasn't filled in yet.  This is with only 2 hours burn in and no EQ settings.  Mids are right on point.  Will be interesting to see how they develop and with some new Memory Foam Ear Buds on them see how the bass changes, any recommendations?  Or Foobar2000 EQ settings?

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,525 of 4,317

Quote:
 So far as burn in music goes I use DnB and Dub Step myself.  There is nothing like good hard Bass lines to punch out them drivers..

Agreed, also using DnB and Dubstep to burn them in right now, currently at the 4 hour mark, checking every 2 hours to see if the signature changes.  So far the bass is still recessed, but once the drivers stress I think around the 24 hour mark they will open up.

Now if I could just find a good replacement set of ear pieces.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #1,526 of 4,317
I've got about 20 hours of burn in time on my pair and the treble is definitely not as bright as when I first listened to them. I haven't really noticed the bass developing much, if at all so far. It's quite amazing listening to these develop. The burn in process is always a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back