The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #1,486 of 4,317

Quote:
Yep I do....totally different class. The ep-630 is veiled and muddy in comparison, I don't use them at all any more.....they're are stuffed at the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Everything is better with the MP's.

I'm sold  - I'll buy them for him.

I already have bought 3 pairs - 1 for a friend, 1 for a college, 1 for myself -> this will be the fourth :p

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #1,490 of 4,317
I have both and while the 8320s are superior technically, they have a completely different sound signature. The Monoprice is mid forward while the EP630s are V shaped :)

Quote:
I'm thinking of ordering another set of the Mp8320's - but wondering how they compare to these creative's
Anyone have any ideas?

(for a twitter follower btw :D)

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,494 of 4,317
Yes but you gotta remember eke. It comes down to the bass. If you have more bass I mean who needs to hear any highs or mids. If you have more bass. Well then. Now we are talking about quality. I don't need to hear pianos or guitars and who cares for vocals when you have the beats happening. More bass= more joy. 

A true audiophile only cares for one thing and one thing only..==== MOAR BASS!!! 

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #1,496 of 4,317
My value priced iem binge continues. Ordered the cc51 for 40 bucks the other day and now the MPs. At these prices I have no reluctance in sharing with the kiddos. I have some comply foamies, I wonder if those will fit.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,497 of 4,317
Hey guys, I've lurked around here for a while. The first time was to purchase some over the ear headphones. I used the search function and looked over a lot of things and decided on trying the ATH m-50s as my first non-garbage headphone. I got them and couldn't believe what I had been missing out on. When I moved here originally, I had a roommate for a week, and my headphones disappeared after that. Pretty sure he took them.   =(
So now I've been looking at IEMs, and I've found this thread as well as the one for the Audio Technica IEM. I would love a sound signature just like my old headphones. A little faster responding bass would be nice, as I listen to metal, and double bass with the m50s wasn't the best. A little more bass *impact* would have been nice too, as I do listen to EDM and trance as well. I thought the actual amount of bass was perfect. What would you guys recommend? Would the mp 8320 be a good fit for me, with different tips? 
I'm looking at budget offerings,but I'm willing to spend more for comfort if I can't wear these for 8 hours without issues, or if sound quality will not be near the m50s.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,498 of 4,317
These MP8320 does rock and metal amazingly well but if you liked the sound from your M50 and want something similar with more bass try the CKM50s The CKM50s has a smaller housing so they are more comfy as well. Try them out you will be shocked at how close they sound to your M50s with more bass and better mids believe it or not. Heck get both. @ $7.11 around $10 shipped you have nothing to loose in trying out one of these MP8320s. You might like these even more over the CKM50s.  You can get a ATH-CKM50 on ebay for around $27 shipped.

CKM50- EDM Trance
MP8320- Rock , metal.  Both around $40..

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,499 of 4,317

Quote:
My value priced iem binge continues. Ordered the cc51 for 40 bucks the other day and now the MPs. At these prices I have no reluctance in sharing with the kiddos. I have some comply foamies, I wonder if those will fit.

Interested to hear your take on them CC51s..Imo I think the MP8320 have a better sound. Thats just my opinion but you might like them more than I did.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #1,500 of 4,317
I would also recommend the GR06 for rock and metal.  The MP's are good but the timbre is off, snare drum especially doesn't sound quite right but they are quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back