The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #1,337 of 4,317
Just received my 8320's and I must say for $9 shipped, these sounded very nice. The only decent IEM I've owned so far is the PK3's and in terms of clarity and openness, both are equal.  However, bass is a little bit weaker in the 8320's and compared to my D2000, it's no where near as good.  Will burning in improve on the bass department? 

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,338 of 4,317

Quote:
->
Je peux lire vos phrases

Dire is said :)

Anyway i'll stop being off topic :D

oh! bon, merci por le correction. 

Quote:
Just received my 8320's and I must say for $9 shipped, these sounded very nice. The only decent IEM I've owned so far is the PK3's and in terms of clarity and openness, both are equal.  However, bass is a little bit weaker in the 8320's and compared to my D2000, it's no where near as good.  Will burning in improve on the bass department? 

great :D ...i read that in this thread the bass should be a bit better. but i think....amp it and EQ it would be best...but really mhtn....if it doesn't reach the level of where you want..... I'm sure...im really sure you will get Buyer's remorse since those $7.11 earbuds' couldn't whip out bass like the $350 AHD2000's.... jk. :D

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #1,339 of 4,317
Hey dsnuts, thank you!!

These sound GREAT, regardless of the price. I have listened to way too many dynamic IEMs that push upper mids and highs to the point of my ears begging for mercy. These seem to have a really, really nice balance of mids and treble, while the bass extends deep enough to enjoy. Definitely what I was looking for for the gym! And yeah, metal sounds great with these as well.

The only qualm I have is that the left ear is slightly louder than the right, so I'm going to order a couple more pairs.

I find the best fit I get is with the ears reversed and twisted up, using small Sony Hybrid tips.

Amazing find!

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,340 of 4,317
Glad you like em. While these are fantastic it is indeed the size of them that is kinda lame. They fit fine for me as I have some bigger/medium sized ears but for guys that have small ears there is just no way these will be comfortable for you.

SO for those guys that want something cheaper that sound great. Look up my other threads on Headfi and you are sure to find a real comfy earphone at a good price on one of them.

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #1,341 of 4,317

Quote:
Hey dsnuts, thank you!!

These sound GREAT, regardless of the price. I have listened to way too many dynamic IEMs that push upper mids and highs to the point of my ears begging for mercy. These seem to have a really, really nice balance of mids and treble, while the bass extends deep enough to enjoy. Definitely what I was looking for for the gym! And yeah, metal sounds great with these as well.

The only qualm I have is that the left ear is slightly louder than the right, so I'm going to order a couple more pairs.

I find the best fit I get is with the ears reversed and twisted up, using small Sony Hybrid tips.

Amazing find!

great to hear this. i will be using this with an E17 and it has L and R balance controls so that's good in case mine has this problem :D

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #1,342 of 4,317
Mids are a bit forward with some recordings.... will probably tame down a bit with some burn-in. But it seems to be related to bitrate. 320 and lossless sound much better than VBR.

Tried them with some foamies, but they muffled the sound a bit too much. Dunno which foams they were though... have to see if I can find my complys that will fit these.

Man... I just can't get over how good these sound for $7.11 earphones. It's ridiculous! Just shows you how much we're being raped in the earphone market.

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #1,343 of 4,317

Quote:
Mids are a bit forward with some recordings.... will probably tame down a bit with some burn-in. But it seems to be related to bitrate. 320 and lossless sound much better than VBR.

Tried them with some foamies, but they muffled the sound a bit too much. Dunno which foams they were though... have to see if I can find my complys that will fit these.

Man... I just can't get over how good these sound for $7.11 earphones. It's ridiculous! Just shows you how much we're being raped in the earphone market.

i think monprice jst has access to wholesale parts so they can build this cheaper with already done designs. Not to mention.it's not very well refinanced..but hey $7

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,344 of 4,317
Dsnuts I have to thank you for your find! I am very new to headphones in general but I decided to give these a go! for 7$ why not? I will let you know how I like them. So far the only heaphones I have been used to are gaming ones but I decided that I would try for something a little different because Gaming headphones tend to brake on me. I currently own the 

[size=1.7em] JVC HAS160B FLATSWhich 
size]
[size=1.7em]are ok I forget who recommended them. I will give these a go now.[/size]
[/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #1,345 of 4,317

Quote:
Dsnuts I have to thank you for your find! I am very new to headphones in general but I decided to give these a go! for 7$ why not? I will let you know how I like them. So far the only heaphones I have been used to are gaming ones but I decided that I would try for something a little different because Gaming headphones tend to brake on me. I currently own the 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

haha in case u didn't know but now do....head fi's commenting system is FANTASTIC...until you start using any of the options up top. the only thing that has ever reliably worked the way i want is the smiley's.t he add pics and vids and quotes usually work pretty well. spoiler tag is a hit and miss..all the other lettering formating options from bold, to size and color..work horribly and glitchy :/

oh and since this is ur second post here:
"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your Wallet!"

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,349 of 4,317
You guys know about my newest thread?   http://www.head-fi.org/t/592457/the-ath-ckm50-the-ckm-family-impressions/15#post_8089482      Hot off the presses. I posted this one about an hour ago. I would advise anyone that follows what I do to get a MP8320 if not already and then follow this thread for the latest find.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,350 of 4,317

Quote:
that's a true head-fier in the making lol

hahaha lolz that's true :D he will feel it for months to come

Quote:
You guys know about my newest thread?   http://www.head-fi.org/t/592457/the-ath-ckm50-the-ckm-family-impressions/15#post_8089482      Hot off the presses. I posted this one about an hour ago. I would advise anyone that follows what I do to get a MP8320 if not already and then follow this thread for the latest find.

doesn't work yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back