The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #752 of 4,317
Glad I picked up 10 pair last night......going to be my stocking stuffers for my co-workers and friends.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #753 of 4,317
 @ Kiteki, Now why would I do that?.I happen to love the EX600 thank you.Lol..Best Sony sound I have ever heard.  Jazz, vocals and acoustical music on the EX600 is amazing.. They are definitely my top IEM..Believe it or not all the phones on my profile I can pull out from the wall of phones I have at my workplace or at home and use them. I would rather keep stuff than sell them. Especially ones that I find amazing. See I wanted the EX600 as an upgrade to the MP8320 and they have been just that. The CC51s? .. Not so much.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #754 of 4,317

Quote:
Glad I picked up 10 pair last night......going to be my stocking stuffers for my co-workers and friends.

10? No wonder they sold out so quick. You are gonna make some people very happy..That is thoughtful of you and I am thinking these are the perfect gifts and I have some extras myself just for that same reason.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #757 of 4,317
It seems many are interested in the TAD-500 but I just got the A900X.. I have no idea about the TAD-500 but I have a feeling someone might pull the trigger on them for a review soon enough.. For me the A900X has impressed me like you wouldn't believe.. Just an awesome set of closed cans.. I think the newer ATs will be a big hit once they hit the states.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #758 of 4,317

Quote:
Just received 3 of em. They're okay.. doesn't sound.. full though. Changed my tips and just seems like the bass is just lacking. I bumped it up 2 levels via my E11, still not much. Just makes me want to change to my HD25s :). Kinda turns me off from earphones in general if this is what ~50~100 sound competes w/. Then again this is only $7 :).

I MAY try and buy the monster kit, but not too sure as that's another $20 and these are my only IEMs currently.. but yeah they make me miss my HD25s :).

I absolutely HATE the cable. Also hard to fit, and yes I do wire them around my ears.

Edit: Testing again with eQu or whatever app, and it sounds pretty amazing with a 6db (LMAO) bass boost in the 32hertz end. Just a straight line from 32 to 16k with the 32 being all the way up at +6dB.

Just got mine in and I feel the same way about the sound/bass. They're pretty sibilant as well. I'll try and burn them in, but I at moments I just feel like grabbing my full-size cans :p

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #759 of 4,317
On Dec 2, 7:59PM, I made a post saying that the Monoprice 8230 availability date was sliding. Twenty minutes later, just as I was finishing my post, it became available. Talk about being there just at the right time! So, I jumped on it, ordered a 8233 as well (for comparison purposes) and some miscellaneous cables I didn't really need, but thought I'd get them anyway and save a little on shipping. Well, I got my package this afternoon. (Monoprice shipping has always been fast.) Everything but one item is missing from the box. Care to guess what it is? I'll give you a clue: it's the one item for which I placed this order in first place :wink: I contacted Monoprice. They offered me a refund, given that the missing item is once again on back order. Very disappointed, really.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #760 of 4,317
Strange.. I know Soundfreaq had this same issue.  What was even more strange is he ended up getting his just this week.  Maybe there is such a mad rush to order these that they don't even truly know how many they have in stock..In either case that just sucks..I tell you what..SoundFreaq has sent his new 8320 to me. I should get it by tomorrow. I will send you that one.. Send me a PM with your address and I will send you the one I get tomorrow. Once they have more in later you can order those and send me it later.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #761 of 4,317
For those of you who want a bassier, fuller sound from these phones, put a small bit of tape either completely or partially over the small vent in the housing below the nozzle.  If you completely cover it, it may sound a little boxed-in, but you will definitely get a better sense of a seal and warmer sound.  I have them mostly (but not all the way) covered -- until then I was never able to get a sense of a seal (compared to Ety's!).

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #762 of 4,317

Hello,

I figure this is a good thread to post this in, I went to an electronics outlet and listened to 46 headphones they had on display, my favorite was the Skullcandy Uprock, they cost $49, I went home and ordered three of them on amazon.com, they arrived today.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #763 of 4,317

Quote:

Hello,

I figure this is a good thread to post this in, I went to an electronics outlet and listened to 46 headphones they had on display, my favorite was the Skullcandy Uprock, they cost $49, I went home and ordered three of them on amazon.com, they arrived today.

Hmm...they only cost $17 on amazon. How would you describe the sound?

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #764 of 4,317

Precisely, they only cost $17 on amazon including shipping (for americans), which is why I posted in this thread.

They sound very similiar to the Grado SR325, I will write about them in more detail later.

One interesting thing i should note, is it says "TWIN 40MM DRIVERS" on the box, which could possibly explain why I liked them better than all the other 40 or so cheap headphones I heard.

Am I crazy for liking a Skullcandy? Yes I am, but they have made the most profit in headphones second only to Sony, and put something like $1,000,000 into labs and R&D, so you'd think they should make at least one good sounding headphone sooner or later right? (not the Aviator).

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #765 of 4,317

Quote:

They sound very similiar to the Grado SR325, I will write about them in more detail later.

One interesting thing i should note, is it says "TWIN 40MM DRIVERS" on the box, which could possibly explain why I liked them better than all the other 40 or so cheap headphones I heard.

Wow. I told myself I wasn't going to spend anymore money. I'm not sure I can resist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back