The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #736 of 4,317
The first thing I would try is your other tips. You might find one from a left over from your other iems that will fit it perfectly. I hated the stock one that came with it.. The little cushion insert that I made is good to stiffen the stock tips a bit. For some guys the stock tip seems to be ok but for me I couldn't get the left side of the iem to fit proper so I threw the stock ones away.  Since then I have tried and used the Sony hybrids that came with the EX41B and eventually bought a nice set of Monster tips on Amazon.. So far I like the monster tips for me the best.. Not only do they seal the best but they also have some lining inside the tips that does not absorb any type of sound emitting a bit more bass as a result.

Comply tips are also what some of the guys are using with good fit and sound..Try whatever you have first and if you need to get some tips the Monster pack they sell on Amazon is a good buy though it cost 2X more than the IEM.. I think it is worth having so I can use them on the other iems I have as well.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #738 of 4,317
I look forward to it..  I was on my way to work using my Mp 8320s as I always do now a days on my morning commute..My little Honda got some decent speakers in but they can't match the sound joy I get from my cheapo 8320. I still get astounded that these perform the way they do. If I was stranded on an island with unlimited battery on my Mp3 and these. I would probably die of starvation but I would die happy with my tunes blaring!!

I am so satisfied with my tunes using these. What can I say. I must love cheapo sound.!!

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #739 of 4,317

Quote:
I look forward to it..  I was on my way to work using my Mp 8320s as I always do now a days on my morning commute..My little Honda got some decent speakers in but they can't match the sound joy I get from my cheapo 8320. I still get astounded that these perform the way they do. If I was stranded on an island with unlimited battery on my Mp3 and these. I would probably die of starvation but I would die happy with my tunes blaring!!

I am so satisfied with my tunes using these. What can I say. I must love cheapo sound.!!

It's probably not a good idea to be wearing headphones while driving.  Sound can play a big part in your situational awareness and in many places it is illegal.

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #740 of 4,317
Well I don't blast the tunes so loud where I can't hear anything else..But ya I am guilty of using my Mp 8320 on the drive to work and home. It is a straight shot home and not on a highway or anything like that..Hey I know a headfi member that uses a full sized headphone when he drives..I suppose it is the same thing. It is no different than having your in car stereo on except you get much better sounds.

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #741 of 4,317
Quite .... Interesting indeed.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #742 of 4,317
Quote:
Comply Tx-400 and T-400 fit these

They sound quite good, quite surprised

You said your Vsonic GR07 sound 5 times better.

I'd like to know how the Monoprice 8320's compare to the Vsonic GR06, for non-americans they both work out at the same price after shipping (around $50), so that's fair competition.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #743 of 4,317

Quote:
You said your Vsonic GR07 sound 5 times better.

I'd like to know how the Monoprice 8320's compare to the Vsonic GR06, for non-americans they both work out at the same price after shipping (around $50), so that's fair competition.

My GR07 have been intentionally broken in for 250 hours, i cannot say the same for the Monoprice 8320 that arrived this morning, nor can i see myself breaking them in for that amount of time, thats a real chore, but the 8320 definately needs some breaking in, the treble in particular needs some work.  I found Tx-400 complys tame the treble a bit, but i do not find the stock tips that bad to be honest

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #744 of 4,317
Just received 3 of em. They're okay.. doesn't sound.. full though. Changed my tips and just seems like the bass is just lacking. I bumped it up 2 levels via my E11, still not much. Just makes me want to change to my HD25s :). Kinda turns me off from earphones in general if this is what ~50~100 sound competes w/. Then again this is only $7 :).

I MAY try and buy the monster kit, but not too sure as that's another $20 and these are my only IEMs currently.. but yeah they make me miss my HD25s :).

I absolutely HATE the cable. Also hard to fit, and yes I do wire them around my ears.

Edit: Testing again with eQu or whatever app, and it sounds pretty amazing with a 6db (LMAO) bass boost in the 32hertz end. Just a straight line from 32 to 16k with the 32 being all the way up at +6dB.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #745 of 4,317
Give them some time. Like I mentioned before they won't show you immediately what they are capable of right off the bat..You bet these will grow on you. Ya Eq boost is awesome on these I can get the bass to shake my eyeballs..! 

I like the big 14.2mm drivers these have. I am certain it is one of the reasons why these have great bass response.

CC51 update. So I have been burning them in and they are becoming a bit more coherent but the overly forward presentation seems to be a part of the sound signature. Some tunes sound good but many sound too forward for my liking.. I think these are gonna make a good stocking stuffer to the wife.. She isn't as picky as I am so I think I will pack these up with her new Clip I bought for her.. I am surprised there aren't more impressions by now.  Maybe tomorrow?

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #746 of 4,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeVeeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kinda turns me off from earphones in general if this is what ~50~100 sound competes w/. Then again this is only $7 :).

I haven't got mine yet but I'm having a hard time thinking these compare with the good $100 IEM's so to be turned off because of a $8 pair of phones.  I think a lot of the people that think these are so good don't have or haven't heard good quality IEM's from the likes of Etymotic, Westone, UE, AT or many other high quality ones.  I bought a pair just to see and for $9 who really cares but I'd take most of these posts with a grain of salt.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #748 of 4,317
i just got my monster tip sample kit. even though i got it on sale, with shipping it works out to 7 bucks for each pair that fits. too bad we can't swap the ones that don't fit for ones that do! i usually use the medium olives (on other iems) and the small/med fit just right.
that said, the gels are pretty comfy and unique, wish i had a few more sets.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #749 of 4,317

Quote:
i just got my monster tip sample kit. even though i got it on sale, with shipping it works out to 7 bucks for each pair that fits. too bad we can't swap the ones that don't fit for ones that do! i usually use the medium olives (on other iems) and the small/med fit just right.
that said, the gels are pretty comfy and unique, wish i had a few more sets.

You notice a slight bump in bass response?. I have my bass boosted X3 on my Sony walkman and with the gels I can tell the pure bass is blasted on the eardrum. Sounds more like X4 boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back