The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 5, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #676 of 4,317

Quote:

I'm still using these.  I still don't like them.  Mine lack clarity and stereo width.  Bass extends in a way that is not only shallow, but artificial (fit issue?) and not at all impactful.  

As compared to what IEMs? That's the way I feel about everything else, specifically my BA's. 

I would think you are having fit issues. Bass is pretty impactful. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #677 of 4,317
Well all this talk got me curious, so I just sprang for three pair - one for me, and one each for the nephews. :)  If nothing else, it gives me a spare to use should (when) something happen to my UE700s and buys time for me to decide my next higher end IEMs.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #678 of 4,317

Quote:
45 pages of hype and no one has bothered to refer to these by their model number, MEP-933.  8320 is the Product ID, which I figure to be more like a SKU.  You guys are giving me weird feelings not calling these by their model number.

I'm still using these.  I still don't like them.  Mine lack clarity and stereo width.  Bass extends in a way that is not only shallow, but artificial (fit issue?) and not at all impactful.  I have to put more music through these to know more, but these are well burned in with playlists, a noise routine, and regular use.

I have to get around to ordering some tips, perhaps some Sony Hybrids.  I may also just say screw it and paint and recable these.

I think you are right. It sounds to me like you need the right tips for these. Without proper fit you can throw any type of sound quality out the door. I have the Sony hybrids they are ok but I prefer the monster gels over them.. That is what I am using now.. MEP-933.. You are right on the proper number but I feel bad about changing the name on them now. It seems everyone knows these by the 8320 so my bad..I know it sucks you have to invest on some better tips but I can tell you right now the proper fit and tip on these are completely worth it.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #679 of 4,317
Quote:
As compared to what IEMs? That's the way I feel about everything else, specifically my BA's. 

I would think you are having fit issues. Bass is pretty impactful. 

These are my first IEMs, not counting the in-ear tips I bought for my ibuds, and the Blackberry Premium Headset, which both came with different sized tips.  With the Monoprice, sans replacement tips, I've tried different ways of wearing them, different angles, and even without the tips.  The sound changes slightly but doesn't really straighten itself out.

Based on my experiences with IEMs, I might find that my ears are picky with the fit of universals.  Oh well, maybe some customs for me then!

Quote:
I think you are right. It sounds to me like you need the right tips for these. Without proper fit you can throw any type of sound quality out the door. I have the Sony hybrids they are ok but I prefer the monster gels over them.. That is what I am using now.. MEP-933.. You are right on the proper number but I feel bad about changing the name on them now. It seems everyone knows these by the 8320.

I will try check out the Monster gels, probably in addition to Sony Hybrids.  For what I paid for the MEP-933 I think I have some funds that I can dedicate to a few different tips.

Stay tuned for frivolous/reckless/pointless modding.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #681 of 4,317

Quote:

Stay tuned for frivolous/reckless/pointless modding.

Looking forward to that. With the price-point on these, such "reckless" mods should be made. What if something makes them even better? When I get my new batch, I'm taking them apart ASAP. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #682 of 4,317
Well what say you guys. I change the thread name? Proper or we stay with 8320.?

MEP-933  or Mp 8320 ?

Ya me too. I am waiting for some creativity to happen to these.!

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #683 of 4,317
Why not leave it as is, but put MEP-933 in parentheses? Enough of us know it as the 8320.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #684 of 4,317

Quote:
I was wondering about the model name too.

I just got an email saying they're in stock, but they have been in for two days already.

Yea I got an email and text message today saying that even though I ordered a pair yesterday, I think there just behind.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #686 of 4,317
Ya 8320 sounds better and most of us are used to it, just leave it.
As far as my new impressions go, im starting to like these more and more everyday, the clarity is showing off and the highs seem alittle more tamed, they just aren't as relaxing as my Samsung OEM's so they have an equal chance of being grabbed every morning depending on my mood.
Thinking about selling these at my school for $15 with better tips, people always need new cheap IEM's and erbody at my school listen to dat hip-hop.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #687 of 4,317

Quote:
Ya 8320 sounds better and most of us are used to it, just leave it.
As far as my new impressions go, im starting to like these more and more everyday, the clarity is showing off and the highs seem alittle more tamed, they just aren't as relaxing as my Samsung OEM's so they have an equal chance of being grabbed every morning depending on my mood.
Thinking about selling these at my school for $15 with better tips, people always need new cheap IEM's and erbody at my school listen to dat hip-hop.

I would go $20 easy. Especially if you include some better tips.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #688 of 4,317
Wut?? Joker gave the CC51 a 7.7 score in sound? So where does that put the MP 8320? Cuz I am telling you guys there is no way those phones sound better than the MP 8320s. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #689 of 4,317

No offense, but it's hard to take this thread seriously when you sound like such a shrill.. I'd trust Joker's reviews over yours, just because of his experience. Why call him out on his score as if you're amazed that the CC51, a widely acclaimed set of IEMs got a pretty good review?
Quote:
Wut?? Joker gave the CC51 a 7.7 score in sound? So where does that put the MP 8320? Cuz I am telling you guys there is no way those phones sound better than the MP 8320s. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #690 of 4,317
Your right..I read his reviews all the time my self and base many of my purchases on his reviews I have nothing but mad props for the man..It was surprising to me that he scored the CC51 so highly but I suppose SQ is subjective in this hobby even Jokers..I was surprised as hearing the CC51s compared to the Mp 8320..

It is like this. When you have a proper sounding headphone or earphone and then you get something that is colored you can clearly tell..The CC51s aren't bad per se. I suppose it is more in line with a fun sound signature but to my ears, and it is just my opinion and not others. The CC51 is a downgrade. Not a shill man. I am just telling it how I hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back