The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #661 of 4,317

Quote:
Heh... that's how I was wearing mine. Didn't think to mention it, thought it was obvious too. @.@ The bit that sticks up kinda... locks? with the cartalige of my ear. I can wear it without locking it in, but it's less secure. Guess I'll take a pic or two. See how that works? Very easy to flip the cable up over my ear, and because of the extremely flexible, fabric-y cable it stays there, unlike the rubbery cables I've had. The first pic is "locked in", the second is loose.

You should route the wire over and behind your ear.  That reduces microphonics (cable noise).

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #664 of 4,317

I don't buy the hype, just a casual onlooker. :p

Quote:
x2, still a fun thread though.
smily_headphones1.gif

For under $10, what's the harm in trying? Well, Kiteki's case is different, considering shipping costs. 
tongue.gif
 Worst comes to worst, I can already think of someone I can gift them to. 
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #667 of 4,317
Looks like international shipping is still a hassle. I'd be willing to purchase for an international group and send overseas if we get a few on board. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #668 of 4,317

Quote:
You should route the wire over and behind your ear.  That reduces microphonics (cable noise).

I do.  I just popped them in really quick for the photo.

>Very easy to flip the cable up over my ear, and because of the extremely flexible, fabric-y cable it stays there, unlike the rubbery cables I've had.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #669 of 4,317
So lookie what I just got.

So this is very interesting. I can tell the mids on these things are forward and bassy.  I like the extended highs on these which adds to the precision on sounds.. However. I would rate these like this

highs
CC51=8320 I can tell the highs are a tad better on the CC51s but not by much and doesn't make the CC51 sound better. The highs are the best part of the CC51

mids
8320>CC51   The mids seem muffled to me. The mids and bass has less separation they bleed into one another resulting in a forward muffled sound. Congested on some more intricate tunes..

Lows
8320>C551  the bass on the C551 is ok but very colored bloomy and there is clearly an upper bass bleed into the mids..The coloration of the bass don't help the mids which is not as defined as I would like.

I prefer the sound on the 8320.. Way better balance than the CC51 and better definition as well. I got a great deal on the CC51 and they sound good.. They are not an upgrade over the 8320s. After listening to the CC51 I can clearly make out what is not right on them.. On no eq I can tell the bass is not as tight or as controlled. The bass is so boosted on the CC51 by default that when I first heard them I couldn't believe how congested they sounded.. Listening to Trance.. Not even close. These are clear in the highs but everything else is not. They don't even come close to the 8320 in trance. The CC51 just don't sound right at all for Trance.

listening to Jazz.. The better clarity balance and detail of the 8320 wins here as well..Will update more once I give these more of a listen.

For the guys what are wondering how the CC51 stack up to the MP 8320? They don't..I can't get over how muffled the sound is on these..These actually sound like good cheaper buds to my ears. You will get an actual upgrade in sounds over the CC51 by spending less...The CC51 to me is a downgrade.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #670 of 4,317
Most of the MEElec line, even in the "clarity" series do tend to have boomy bass.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #672 of 4,317

Quote:
I know how you feel. I watched a lot of member rave about them for a while before I mustered up the cash to get my own

Really?! I was looking at the 595 on amazon and debating whether I wanted it or not. Ha! Thanks for saving me some funds

I should probably clarify that I still use my HD595s for music.  The 8320s are good, but haven't completely replaced my HD595.  

Quote:
Nice write up! What are your other IEMs?

I have a pair of ~$30 Panasonics and tons of other low end headphones.  Better than anything else I've tried in the price range.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #674 of 4,317

Quote:
You will get an actual upgrade in sounds over the CC51 by spending less...The CC51 to me is a downgrade.

Wow, time and time again.

I will say I VASTLY prefer my Monoprice to my X10 at this point. Much more detail in the mids and highs on the MP, which are also more present and extended. This makes for a muddy-as-hell X10 in comparison, to my ears. Yeah the bass is solid, but it sounds so muddy because of the rest of the spectrum. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #675 of 4,317
45 pages of hype and no one has bothered to refer to these by their model number, MEP-933.  8320 is the Product ID, which I figure to be more like a SKU.  You guys are giving me weird feelings not calling these by their model number.

I'm still using these.  I still don't like them.  Mine lack clarity and stereo width.  Bass extends in a way that is not only shallow, but artificial (fit issue?) and not at all impactful.  I have to put more music through these to know more, but these are well burned in with playlists, a noise routine, and regular use.

I have to get around to ordering some tips, perhaps some Sony Hybrids.  I may also just say screw it and paint and recable these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back