The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #3,992 of 4,317
So, I gotta brag even more on these. While they definitely do sound good just off my laptop's built in DAC/AMP setup, I got a chance to purchase the FiiO E6, just because I could, and after listening for the last two hours with the E6 inline, just amazing. I'd say if you can pair with a quality amp or DAC/AMP combo, please do. You won't be disappointed!

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #3,993 of 4,317
  So, I gotta brag even more on these. While they definitely do sound good just off my laptop's built in DAC/AMP setup, I got a chance to purchase the FiiO E6, just because I could, and after listening for the last two hours with the E6 inline, just amazing. I'd say if you can pair with a quality amp or DAC/AMP combo, please do. You won't be disappointed!

the fiioe6 definitely gives that bass some oomph even without the tape mod

great budget combo

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,994 of 4,317
JUST ordered mine from amazon (I have prime so I essentially paid for shipping within the item cost and got them expedited in this fashion) the 9927 Black.

I also ordered the old Jabra Ear Gels which fit into the mold of your ear and I'm surprised I never see these mentioned anywhere.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DYUV0Q/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Am I the only one who HATES earbuds of all shapes, sizes and varieties?

Granted, the eBay deal you posted of the sampler kit looks like a nice way to find out once and for all time if there exists a standard earbud I could get away with wearing - and perhaps I'll order that as well since it's a steal.

At any rate, once I receive them I'll post my thoughts. I'm big on vocal quality, tonality and range in recording equipment generally since I sing and do voice work. Soundstage is always less important to me since for my work headphones are reference monitors for (nearly always) a single source rather than separated sounds. But I still (obviously) notice it and will be looking to see if I'm able to preserve the soundstage of these IEMs with what will certainly be tremendous isolation provided by these Jabra gels. (But they are too damned comfortable.)

Perhaps in the end I'll order several sets and try out all the foamies like the T400. My daughter will love them regardless (she even tolerates the stock iPod sets) so there's no way to go wrong with such a cheap kit.

To Za Warudo who posted that he bought them on a giftcard and had them sent to never-never land because he was too cool and owned too many 'better' IEMs so he didn't even bother to try them once: why are you posting here? Because we are going to think you're so awesome and different... perhaps a little 'bad' or misunderstood? Standing just outside the schoolyard... pack of smokes rolled into your T-shirt sleeve like James Dean?
I never understand your type of passive-aggressive post. Or (worse): I understand it perfectly and just laid it out for everyone.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #3,996 of 4,317
Perhaps in the end I'll order several sets

You should totally order at least one in all four colors and compare them all.  I seem to have been the only one that gave a somewhat in-depth review of the white 9963's at all, nevermind that I seemed to be the first to compare them to the black 9927's.

And depending on how girly-girl your daughter is, you may even have someone to give away the pink 9960 IEMs to once you've reviewed them. :p

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #3,997 of 4,317
anywhere other than amazon to get these in uk? (Monoprice Enhanced Bass 9927)
ebay the cheapest is £12 but they're only £5 on amazon (i need to update my amazon, been putting it off)

hmmmm

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #3,998 of 4,317
  You should totally order at least one in all four colors and compare them all. ... you may even have someone to give away the pink 9960 IEMs to once you've reviewed them. :p

This thread seems to have the staying power. If it does, indeed, then I'll do just that next month.
I know it sounds silly for headphones so cheap but I can't afford the $35 shipped to get the remaining 3 sets at the moment.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #3,999 of 4,317

This thread seems to have the staying power. If it does, indeed, then I'll do just that next month.
I know it sounds silly for headphones so cheap but I can't afford the $35 shipped to get the remaining 3 sets at the moment.

I don't blame you, if I didn't find the white 9963 IEMs so much better than the black 9927's then I would have been pissed off even though it was only 10 bucks!  I only mentioned it because you seemed to be interested in getting more anyway.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #4,001 of 4,317
  You should totally order at least one in all four colors and compare them all.  I seem to have been the only one that gave a somewhat in-depth review of the white 9963's at all, nevermind that I seemed to be the first to compare them to the black 9927's.

And depending on how girly-girl your daughter is, you may even have someone to give away the pink 9960 IEMs to once you've reviewed them. :p

haha i wanted  get the pink ones myself a while back

i found some custom radian earplugs in pink that might be able to blend into the pink 8320s. maybe get a little less weird looks cause back then i used my silver 8320 on my subway commute with the BLUE radian custom mold. because of the pastel blue colour contrasting so much with the earphones ppl gave me a weird look at times

but they isolated well despite the large vent on the front ( the molds covered the port near the nozzle) but it didn't sound the same as with the tape mod. 

it was sort of the inbetween the tape mod and the tape mod with the needle hole

but it costs 20$ here canada and the pink 8320 are like 7-12 bucks including shipping so 30$ for another experiment no thx but its an idea out there

radian custom molds only come in natural, pastel blue in a hot pink (probably a slightly different shade from the pictures of the pink 8320)

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4,002 of 4,317
You are definitely correct. I Run my modded pair from my computer in j plays audio streamer mode with a very tweak ultra fi new old stock dac into a neck v3. A lot better than my portable and they become much better. Movies run on my computer are also amazing using same setup. You can definitely upscale these with better components.

Happy Listening

Jgwtriode

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #4,004 of 4,317
  the sound is the same...  im using the double flanged silicone tips ,,, i just trimmed off the flanges which left just the tube (sleeve)

i dont have a desire to have actual molds made for these earphones, since i dont have that kind of money right now... but i am interested in the COSMIC EARS. 

but until then i will just use my 8320's...

So, basically, when you made the molds, you kept the tube (sleeve) part of the tips just so the you could remove the actual earbud itself, then put it back in and give it a place to lock into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back