The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,441 of 4,317
I got my pairs from the group buy :) .

They're actually pretty nice. Wearing them over the ear if I rotate them a certain way, I can't feel them in my ear at all (better comfort than just about any iems I have). isolation is ok even with soft white silicon tips. The sound has a distinct bass bump and the bass is a bit mushy, but it's fairly pleasing for metal (power, sym, melodic, etc). Not the most neutral, but the mids and highs are fairly present. Not sure I'd use them for classical, but as gym headphones, they're just about perfect. (the cable does piss me off by tangling up)

The tips look about the same size as comply 400 or 300. My 400 size silicon tips fit fine (SF-50)

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,446 of 4,317
Probably would have given them a 10/10 if they didn't have those jagged edges and came with a couple more pairs of tips!

They still surprise me every time I listen to them.
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #1,447 of 4,317
hmmm, I take it back. classical music (pno or violin + orchestra are ok on. it).

the decorative protruding panels are a bit annoying though. but you (I) can still use them for hours.

the isolation is generally ok but not that great (to be specific probably as bad as ex700. eg you can hear people on pub transport a few rows back on quiet classical)

as mentioned above the price of 8 GBP really makes you (me) smile in "wow maybe I should toss away my 1k+ customs and just use these" (I like the UM mage and sm3x6 balance and bass quality better, but I mean, at the price difference...) the value is definitely 10/10 at least for me.(considering I can take them anywhere in whatever weather or to a whatever ghetto or do anything I like with them :D)

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #1,451 of 4,317
I still find myself treating these like I do my more expensive headphones. 

Now with new tips and burned in, I protect them.  With how they sound, I have to keep reminding myself that they are so inexpensive.  (I even have a back up pair).

In my brain, these are just as important as my MS1s.

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,452 of 4,317
Lol!. I am just like you. I treat all my stuff good cheap or not. Especially the ones that provide the goods regarding sound. Though I have to admit my original pair has seen better days.. Shaved, worn in, cord is fraying a bit. Oh well got the back up pair for this reason.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #1,455 of 4,317

I've been lurking this thread for a while, and I've been using the 8320's for a long time, ever since Dsnuts' original post. I got tired of the cord fraying and not staying tamed, and I had a leftover set of iPhone earphones. Decided to rip them both apart, solder, and use the iPhone cabling into the 8320's. Now I can use the in-line mic and controls. Really nice end product. 

If I had to do it over again I would split the case of the 8320's a lot smoother. One of them has some pry marks on it from me not splitting it properly. Everything else was pretty easy. Dsnuts' thanks for the recommendation! I wouldn't have ever found these gems, or even this forum altogether if I hadn't came across your post on a random Google search.

Tips are Comply T400 Mediums BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back