The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2,866 of 4,317
looks like I might be buying a pair of 9396 for son, nephews and myself aswell as another set of 8320's just incase.... should make great christmas gifts..

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,867 of 4,317

this is just an update on my previous review,

with these new tips i cut down, the 8320s molds perfectly into my ear! its completely flat on my ear once inserted. No discomfort after getting it insert. The only slight con i could think of is trying to get the earphone into the ear, the ridges on the bottom of the housing rubs against the bottom of my ear, but once its in, no complaints  i'm getting a fantastic seal

i would say above average isolation now. enough for the commuter (university student travelling to and from school via subway and bus),  i thought this wouldn't be possible.

the bass that people are talking about being thin.. its no where near thin now, its thumping, its rumbling! ( don't know what else to say but you get the idea) but not overpowering, i also added the tap to the little opening on the housing to increase the bass response higher 

i do admit the highs are bit grainy but thats such a slight con that it doesn't even matter with the fantastic soundstage i never got from my klipsch image s4s, or my 8323s or noontec zoros.

Another con would probably be the ugly housing and appearance, but these are iems so their not gonna catch a lot of attention anyway.. unless your beats or monster thats high on those things 

I spent 11 dollars on these including shipping to canada. and got the monster tips from a buddy of mine.

Best 11 dollars i ever spent, i already order a second one as backup in case this one breaks!

i cut the monster triple flange eartips. i cut the top flange and about half of the bottom one now its perfect and enjoying them so much now. 

Thank you for everyone's response on this thread as well as those that continue to contribute. My ears and wallet thank you!

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,868 of 4,317
Quote:
Did hear some good things about these bad boys, so I ordered a couple sets. Went through my entire set of tips and it seemed like I was not getting a good seal but I think it was more that these do not isolate sound very well so it seemed like they were not sealed. Ended up with the small set from my jvc fx101s. Size is a problem to get these to fit right for me and they a not very comfortable. Sound is very clear in the mids and highs, cymbals etc. very clear with no distortion or running together of the different instruments. The low end is where this headphone just does not give me enough. Spoon's the underdog is very detailed but even sound of the claps, low strumming guitar are just not good enough because of the lack of low end and just do not have that punch. Soundstage is nice and spacious and vocals are very up front. Great headphone, especially for the price but because of the lack of bass, isolation and comfort, I will probably not use these much.

unfortunately its just the seal that the problem, these things don't lack bass i tell you once u find the perfect seal there is enough bass =) not too much it overwhelms the rest of the sound experience though.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #2,869 of 4,317
I have tried all of my tips but it just may be the design where the large body and shaft just cannot get into my ear canal far enough to make that seal. Good sound but when I take out the 8320's and but in my X10s, all that nice low end and punchy bass is there that was not before.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #2,872 of 4,317
After 30+ hours burn in,I can finally take him with me to school and listen. Here is a impression by a iem newbie.

I changed the tips to comply t500.

First of all, talk about the sound stage. it's good. It's very good. Equal or even wider than my ex600. Unbelievable for 7bucks.

Bass, I do consider myself as a bass head (since I love bass and I was using xb40ex before) ,it's definitely not a bass heavy iem, and sometimes hard to hear and findthe bass. But the texture is good, and it's clear.

Mid,I feel bass sometimes combined with mid(not sure if describing right),which caused I can't hear the bass clearly. But the mid itself is really good, it's crisp and clean

High, muddy muddy muddy, makes distortion guitar and drum cymbals sound like crap sometimes, and they just sticked together sound more like awful noise. Duuno why, maybe requires more time to burn in

Isolation, bad, even worse than my ex600. While I'm on the train, the noises just blocked my bass, can't hear them at all, unless I turn up massive volume.

Overall 8.5/10 for me

Just my newbie opinions

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #2,873 of 4,317
I've listened to my 8320's for about 24 hrs. now, and within the first hour or so I was amazed at what I missing in my music, which these can reveal! I rarely spend much on headphones, but these are now probably the best pair I have, impressing me more than my Panasonic ht-360 phones which have 40mm drivers. I am using some panasonic rubber-type tips with the 8320's (the stock ones didn't work for me). But then after the first hour or so they started to become really painful, to the point I had to take them out. Indeed the cosmetic flanges were digging into my ears like others have mentioned, and I had to file these things down extensively so that they are now nearly smooth. Whoever engineered these gave no thought about comfort or fit, but at least they didn't skimp on the sound. The soundstage is nice, and these are balanced well for my taste in music. I do agree drum cymbals do not sound as good as they could, and it seems at louder volumes with fast heavy rock these have a hard time keeping up. But after the mods I did and for $9 including being shipped to my door I have no regrets.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2,874 of 4,317
hmmm I found my bi-flanges... getting a better fit now

and I have to say, impressive, though I still like my BA200s much more hehe

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #2,875 of 4,317
I ordered two of these after reading this thread when I needed to order some other cables and even after giving it a few days to allow it to burn, I am really perplexed at the glowing reviews of this product. I a/b tested these against my $30 Soundmagic E10. The sound coming from the 8320 are mediocre. Maybe they are better than some other $6 headphones, but not by much. When listening to podcasts especially, it almost sounds like the speakers are talking through skype if that makes sense. Music (320k mp3) isn't much better. $6-$12 isn't a huge deal but all the endorsements are head scratching. The cable is nice and there is bass if you really seal it, but that's it.

This is my order. Did I buy the wrong thing?
8320 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones 2 $6.04 $12.08

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #2,879 of 4,317
No tips work for me, ears are too small, can't get a good seal because of the size of the ear piece - wont go in far enough before the body starts to hit my outer ear. Also, one of the mesh shaft covers already came off trying to change tips. If your ear canals start in farther in your ear you may not be able to get these in at all. So I can not ever really test these without that seal and they are very uncomfortable for me anyway.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #2,880 of 4,317
The Melectronic double or triple flange tips work good. The extend the nozzle by about an 1/8 of an inch. The Comply T-400 work good to if your having trouble with isolation. They need to have a diagram on how to wear this too. The nub should be facing up with the wire wrapped around the back of your ear. The fit is dependent on ear shape so unfortunately these won't fit everyone. If they sound tinny or have no bass or soundstage, your not getting a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back