The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #2,836 of 4,317
Samsung galaxyS + ProAmp app (eq flat) + Fiio E11 + 8320 = sonic heaven... I love this combo,,, the bad thing is, im starting to hate my favorite songs due to poor low quality download..

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,838 of 4,317
Hello all... so a friend of mine who traveled to the US brought me a pair of Monoprice 8320, unfortunately my excitement faded off once I tried them on because there's now way to fit 'em inside my ear canal.

The thing is that I have an extremely narrow ear canal... my wife tried them on and got a perfect fit, even with the stock tips. I've tried to look for replacement tips here in my Country (Colombia) but they are hard to find.

Is there any "surgical operation" (to the earbuds not my ears hehe) advised within these 190 pages that I could do to the stock tips. I don't mind cutting those things off (otherwise the earbuds will just catch dust because my wife is not a music listener).

Thanks,

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2,839 of 4,317
Sorry to hear you can't fit these in your ears. There was more than a few guys with your exact same issue..I would pass them to a friend or a family member that can use them and I will suggest another one that will fit you that is equally cheap and sound fantastic.

You should be able to find a Philips SHE3580. I would try those out. The hosing of the earphones are so small it will fit a child's ear and sound wise it is fantastic. Try one out.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2,840 of 4,317
Thanks DS... I've checked those at Amazon and are very reasonably priced at $12 (and comes with 3 pairs of tips of different sizes). The housing and the tip definitely looks very small.

I'll grab a pair the next time I travel to the US.

Thanks for the advice!!.

P.S: So nothing I could try to do to the Monoprices?

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #2,842 of 4,317
Now waiting for one unit of the 8320 (along with the popular and positively reviewed large graphics tablet and phone stylus) to reach my house, probably in 2-3 days

hoping it can surprise me greatly when it gets here

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #2,843 of 4,317
I broke down and bought Complys.  They fix the issue I was having with ear pain with all the flange style tips I tried.  I got the mixed size package so I could try them all.  Both the medium and large worked for my ears.  I wish the central tube was a bit stronger so they would install easier (they are much more flexible than the Shure foam tips).

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #2,844 of 4,317
I'm still astounded about the sound of these vs its price. Only real problem with them is fit and microphonics. Does anyone know how these hold up against the meelectronic m6s or m9s in terms of sound and microphonics? I'd love to go jogging for once and not hear simply wires.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #2,845 of 4,317
I'm still astounded about the sound of these vs its price. Only real problem with them is fit and microphonics. Does anyone know how these hold up against the meelectronic m6s or m9s in terms of sound and microphonics? I'd love to go jogging for once and not hear simply wires.
Put the cable over your ear, with the nozzle pointing up, no microphonics now! Problem solved! :ksc75smile:

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #2,846 of 4,317
Oops, double post, sorry!

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #2,847 of 4,317

Use a shirt clip. Started using one about a year ago and now every headphone I use needs to have one

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2,849 of 4,317
I am so sorry, but flipping through the pages, there appears to be several options...(i gave up after reading about 10 pages lol...and there are 190 pages).  Is there an agreed upon "best tip" for these headphones?

I temporarily jammed my SHE3580 tips in them and they def sound MUCH better than stock.  However, the housing is still uncomfortable after a short period of time (sits right in my ears, almost like the Shure SE215, except nowhere near as comfy)  Was wondering if there were better suggestions?  

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,850 of 4,317
I am so sorry, but flipping through the pages, there appears to be several options...(i gave up after reading about 10 pages lol...and there are 190 pages).  Is there an agreed upon "best tip" for these headphones?

I temporarily jammed my SHE3580 tips in them and they def sound MUCH better than stock.  However, the housing is still uncomfortable after a short period of time (sits right in my ears, almost like the Shure SE215, except nowhere near as comfy)  Was wondering if there were better suggestions?  

Try the Meelectronics double flange tip or the Comply Tx 400 tips
They work great. You can get the assortment pack of tips from Meelectronics website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back