The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 11, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2,613 of 4,317
After using the original tips for some time, I have concluded it is an absolute necessity to buy alternate earbud tips. The originals aren't so bad once they're kinda soft but I found out that also means they're near the breaking point (mine cracked???). I got some used Sony Hybrid tips and they are quite comfortable, sound good, and seal very well. The only drawback is the center diameter is a bit too small so they're a bit difficult to "install". This does, however, mean, that they won't fall off the earbud if I yank them out of my pocket, which the original tips sometimes would. So far these are the only tips I've tried that were way better than the stock ones (the only other ones I tried were off Samsung, Coby, Maxell, etc.).

I am still waiting for some biflange tips I ordered from buyincoins. The Sony Hybrids are very comfortable and sound far better than the stock tips. I will post here if the other ones end up being significant.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,616 of 4,317
After using the original tips for some time, I have concluded it is an absolute necessity to buy alternate earbud tips. The originals aren't so bad once they're kinda soft but I found out that also means they're near the breaking point (mine cracked???). I got some used Sony Hybrid tips and they are quite comfortable, sound good, and seal very well. The only drawback is the center diameter is a bit too small so they're a bit difficult to "install". This does, however, mean, that they won't fall off the earbud if I yank them out of my pocket, which the original tips sometimes would. So far these are the only tips I've tried that were way better than the stock ones (the only other ones I tried were off Samsung, Coby, Maxell, etc.).

I am still waiting for some biflange tips I ordered from buyincoins. The Sony Hybrids are very comfortable and sound far better than the stock tips. I will post here if the other ones end up being significant.

The Meelectronic Bi flange tips work well for extending the nozzle by about a 1/8 of an inch and Comply tips work great for adding a bit of bass but make the sound stage smaller. How do you like the sound?

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #2,617 of 4,317
is it just me but i feel that when i got my 8320s i'm not getting that bottom bass. Sorry for the lack of terminologies, i'm new to headfi. but i felt that with my klipsch s4is i'm getting that bass that you can feel, and with the 8320s thats just gone! i've burned them in for about 38 hours approximately. so i dunno whats up with them. i've already replaced the tips with some phillips medium clear ones but i dunno what else to do?

does anyone feel the bi or triple flange tips work better? cause the insertion is really shallow compare to my klipsch s4 with shure olive tips.......( the monoprices are madd uncomfortable to insert, but once inserted their perfectly fine to me, little discomfort on the ridges but aside from that not a deal breaker)

any ideas what tips could i use possibly under 10 dollars including shipping? don't want to spend more on tips than the 'phones themselves =) preferably not comply---> had them before, they wear out too fast, their amazing but don't want to keep spending nearly $20 every 2-3 months replacing tips

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #2,618 of 4,317
hi there i was wondering if you know the term for bass that you can feel, i feel that with the 8320s i can hear the bass but not feel it, if you get what i mean lol! but i appreciate the clarity on these but presently to me, i don't feel that these iems would satisfy bassheads in anyway, could be the tips but i've tried like 5 different ones already and no good 
Quote:
On the recommendation of the group I grabbed a pair of the 8320s. Im really digging them, so much so in fact that I'm selling my Klipsch Image X10. To be honest im still using the stock tips (until the Complys arrive) so the fit and comfort are so-so. However when paired with the Fiio E11 the Monoprice are full, rich, and have enough bottom end to keep this bass hog satisfied. Im hoping that after more breakin time (only about 15 hours so far) and the T-500 tips, things can only get better.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2,619 of 4,317
is it just me but i feel that when i got my 8320s i'm not getting that bottom bass. Sorry for the lack of terminologies, i'm new to headfi. but i felt that with my klipsch s4is i'm getting that bass that you can feel, and with the 8320s thats just gone! i've burned them in for about 38 hours approximately. so i dunno whats up with them. i've already replaced the tips with some phillips medium clear ones but i dunno what else to do?

does anyone feel the bi or triple flange tips work better? cause the insertion is really shallow compare to my klipsch s4 with shure olive tips.......( the monoprices are madd uncomfortable to insert, but once inserted their perfectly fine to me, little discomfort on the ridges but aside from that not a deal breaker)

any ideas what tips could i use possibly under 10 dollars including shipping? don't want to spend more on tips than the 'phones themselves =)

Sounds like u should invest your money in something different instead of tips. Yes these iems are much more balanced and mid-centric than what you are looking for. I don't really find them bass starved at all but if you want more you should consider:

Sennheiser cx200 street. 20 bucks

Jvc fx40. Also 20 bucks.

Don't waste your money on tips if this is not the sound you are looking for. You wont be disappointed with the bass on the two mentioned.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #2,620 of 4,317
am i wrong about this though? is the 8320s missing this bass i'm referring to?  i'm still just getting into headphones. Guilty of buying the 8323s, 8321,8320 in the last month. Eeek feel bad for buying them when i have pair of phillips and iphone earphones.

but i felt the 8321s when inserted deeply, had that bass i'm talking about, they lack the clarity and detail of the 8320s but i just feel that its a bit more complete in the sound range.

still trying to figure out what sound staging is, but it seems like i'm more use to more closed headphones (closing off ambient noise) haven't really heard of open style headphones
Quote:
Sounds like u should invest your money in something different instead of tips. Yes these iems are much more balanced and mid-centric than what you are looking for. I don't really find them bass starved at all but if you want more you should consider:
Sennheiser cx200 street. 20 bucks
Jvc fx40. Also 20 bucks.
Don't waste your money on tips if this is not the sound you are looking for. You wont be disappointed with the bass on the two mentioned.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,621 of 4,317
am i wrong about this though? is the 8320s missing this bass i'm referring to?  i'm still just getting into headphones. Guilty of buying the 8323s, 8321,8320 in the last month. Eeek feel bad for buying them when i have pair of phillips and iphone earphones.

but i felt the 8321s when inserted deeply, had that bass i'm talking about, they lack the clarity and detail of the 8320s but i just feel that its a bit more complete in the sound range.

still trying to figure out what sound staging is, but it seems like i'm more use to more closed headphones (closing off ambient noise) haven't really heard of open style headphones

Simply put without beating around the bush. Yes, 8320 are quite bass light regardless of tip and insertion. Especially when you're coming from something like S4. They won't have the same bass thump or low end. My huff with 8320 is they're sound extremely thin around the mid range. Though....people seem to love them, I'll let them enjoy them.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #2,623 of 4,317
i was thinking  getting different tips might aid in this lack of bass that i'm getting, maybe not getting a good enough seal, but i'm not sure at this point
Quote:
Simply put without beating around the bush. Yes, 8320 are quite bass light regardless of tip and insertion. Especially when you're coming from something like S4. They won't have the same bass thump or low end. My huff with 8320 is they're sound extremely thin around the mid range. Though....people seem to love them, I'll let them enjoy them.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #2,625 of 4,317
Possibly differences in manufacturing batches? I didn't have any bass light issues with the 2 pairs I purchased. For sure not for the basshead but just about the right amount. I can think of a LOT of budget IEMs I have tried that sound much worse in the mids and either way too much bass or virtually none.

But for the gentleman we were talking to, no these are prolly not for him no matter how many tips he tries. Again cx200 Street I would try for 20 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back