The modern metrosexual man ?
Apr 6, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #31 of 69
i use facewash, razor with no cream, and hair gel at times, contact solutions, soap, shampoo, and i think that's it for the items in my bathroom O_O

oh yea, and toothbrush/toothpaste
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #32 of 69
I also have the Nivea for Men Hydrating Cream, I love it. In addition I just have deodorants and eaux de toilette.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #33 of 69
I don't have much of a stash, myslef, but I do appreciate those that do. I have the standard toothpaste, shaving cream/gel, two-blade razor, deoderant, and bodywash. I don't like bar soap, it gets hairy sometimes. I started using hand lotion this winter, as my hands had gotten so dry that they started to bleed occasionally.

I do want to pick up some nice cologne at some point, however...

I've found that having new toiletries(sic?) makes it easier to get up in the morning, kind of like Christmas.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #34 of 69
**** is detox shampoo. last year i had a crisis where i really didn't feel like taking showers. my mother forced me into target to buy shampoo. naturally i go straight for the one that looks like a dirty word. it was heavenly, i haven't stopped showering daily since. thank you, ****, for your marvelous product! it keeps all of the pollutants out of my hair so well. costs about $50 for a 7oz bottle, too. "french connection uk" by the way.

edit: **** has its own chain of stores. i am still curious as to how there was **** in target, don't as me...

i'm going to start looking for cheaper detox shampoo, though, i'm definitely paying a premium for this ****ing shampoo. works really well though, my hair is silkier than that of most girls. i'm not as bad as the op (no offense, it's good to smell good!), and neither of us shave our legs or anything... i hope.

also, a question: i find my natural musk is so awesome that axe and tag toootally ruin my groove. all i need is a nice stick of deodorant to prevent sweating. i'm not saying i like to smell like a sock but i like a bit of natural essence! am i totally weird? i hear that it's normal to let your musk roam free in some parts of europe. fact or fiction? perhaps i'm just a bit too sexy for my own good?

edit: anyone have any suggestions for preventing body hair from clogging up the shower? there's no telling if it's mine or someone else's, so no way in hell i'm going to touch it.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably the L'Oreal one or the Nivea intense dry skin one.

The L'Oreal MenXpert line is proberly the best stuff for the money, I love their anti-fatigue lotion and face wash ! I used have Clinique which is overpriced IMHO.

Another GQish secret is to dump all you soaps and use only pure glycerin based soaps, these are those transparent bars of soap, they make a heck of a difference in cleaniness and no dry skin like most soap today that have their glycerin removed. They are also the soap for blade and brush shaving ...unbeatable !

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #37 of 69
ive heard that Nivea Q10 is the best. I have some moisturiser, but only because my skin is genuinely crap, dry/flaky.

other than that though, i just have the usual stuff. no gel.

there is a load of moisturiser in that pic. the body shop one is what i use, really good. body shop 'face protector'

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking of getting my back waxed...has anyone tried it? How long does it last?

I've never been more glad to be native american an relatively hairless. I only have to shave my mug once or twice a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back