The modern metrosexual man ?
Apr 5, 2007 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Bought a new Fusion razor (1/2 price) today and a L'Oreal men expert pack (1/3 off) today from boots, got home and looked around the bathroom and realise I have a LOT of cosmetic products. Kinda just bought one, when about half way through i got another one... and then another :shocked:

img0809ta1.jpg

Hair product at the front left, moisturiser on the right, eau de toilette in the middle back, deodorant middle back (left), shave foam on the back left.

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 69
OMG you are so much more worse than me haha and I am a girl!
Here goes the pre-assumption only girls spend much on this looking-smelling-good stuff hahaha

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG you are so much more worse than me haha and I am a girl!
Here goes the pre-assumption only girls spend much on this looking-smelling-good stuff hahaha

Ouch.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 69
Can't say I'm interested in slapping all of that crap on my body. I barely shave! The products I do use, however, are usually of good quality and I'm sure to run a product by my girl before I buy it.

Razor innovations are the worst offenders, too. Like we didn't see the slow progression from one, to two, to three (and on and on) blades coming. There isn't some incredible feat of engineering being performed here. We have the capability to line up dozens of razors. It's a slow release schedule intended to get the "modern metrosexual male" to fork over another $15 every half year.

No offense - you are certainly not alone in using personal care products either. The razor thing really pisses me off though.

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 69
I'm a Shisheido man. =T

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Razor innovations are the worst offenders, too. Like we didn't see the slow progression from one, to two, to three (and on and on) blades coming.

I have to agree with Canada here. After owning a Mach Fusion Power Turbo Drive XLT Renegade vs 2.0, I will never own another one again. All those blades tore up my face, like exfoliating with a brillo pad. I switched to a plain jane two blade and have experienced few razor bumps since. IME, YMMV, AATJ.

In my metrosexual prime, that looked about like my medicine chest. I've since downsized. It can get expensive with rapidly diminishing returns!

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 69
hihi, sure is a funny subject though...let me add what I use...the Venus Divine manual shaving system. Makes you go really soft
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #13 of 69
In case, others feel drawn to the metrosexual faith, here's a great starter book for you. Follow its advice and be the envy of fashionable, disposable income young males everywhere you venture:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...06813436&itm=1

Also metrosexuals tend to run in the same circles as hipsters, so be sure to know what kind you're dealing with for smoother interaction. I find this book really helps interpret the music forum as well:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...00032013&itm=1

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
French Connection UK, they are a fashion label and make everything from clothes, bags, shoes to cosmetic products.

I try to order things from them online from time to time... but it's expensive!
As far as cosmetic products go... I have some lotion and chapstick made by my mom (she has a business where she grows lavendar and makes products out of it) and.. uh.. toothpaste.
My hair basically stays where I put it, and looks good however it is. I guess I'm lucky in that sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back