The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #691 of 1,080
Hopefully he won't act like such an ass when he straightens out, he seemed to have more class early on in his career.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #692 of 1,080
At the end of the fight when Joe was interviewing him he said something like, sorry I have no class right now, but I hate DC.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #695 of 1,080
Get popped for weed = suspension, fines, fired, crapped on by your boss

Get popped for coke = a hug, rehab and support from your boss.

If you're a champ and make Dana money you can do whatever you want.

Lower end guys are tossed away like nothing.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #696 of 1,080
Its unbelievable that cocaine isnt listed as a banned substance..I feel like that will be changing soon..Yeah some of the lower end guys and even Diaz got in trouble.  Surprisingly, Reebok stands behind Jones too.  That's the problem with society today, there is no accountability for anything.  Jones is so cocky now, I hope Anthony Rumble Johnson or Gus takes him out soon.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #698 of 1,080
  Its unbelievable that cocaine isnt listed as a banned substance..I feel like that will be changing soon..Yeah some of the lower end guys and even Diaz got in trouble.  Surprisingly, Reebok stands behind Jones too.  That's the problem with society today, there is no accountability for anything.  Jones is so cocky now, I hope Anthony Rumble Johnson or Gus takes him out soon.

The issue was that the test was "out of competition" by WADA standards -- and those are part of the standards that the NSAC in Vegas has adopted. Jones was tested out of competition where PEDs like exogenous testosterone would be illegal but recreational drugs are not. If he were tested the day before or after the fight, he would've been held accountable by the commission for it.

NSAC is talking about whether they should change that loophole in the testing or not.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #699 of 1,080
That's crap.  He's in the same boat as anyone else.  People don't get jobs cause they sniffed cocaine 29 days (or whatever) prior to their drug test.  I don't see why this isn't an issue, especially considering Diaz's weed issue.  That's a joke.

I don't like it.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #700 of 1,080
  That's crap.  He's in the same boat as anyone else.  People don't get jobs cause they sniffed cocaine 29 days (or whatever) prior to their drug test.  I don't see why this isn't an issue, especially considering Diaz's weed issue.  That's a joke.

I don't like it.

And there is the kicker for Diaz and weed smokers; THC is detectable for weeks in the urine while the metabolites for coke are out in a few days.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #701 of 1,080
I'd guess the weed smokers don't care as much.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #702 of 1,080
I don't think they should ban anything other than performance enhancing drugs. If they do coke or smoke pot, who cares? Its not cheating. Its them choosing what they want to do with their free time.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #704 of 1,080
I don't think they should ban anything other than performance enhancing drugs. If they do coke or smoke pot, who cares? Its not cheating. Its them choosing what they want to do with their free time.

In a way, yeah I agree, but regular people get jail or hefty fines if caught. Surely there must be other repercussions than a tarnished ego, vacation and probably a luxury hotel for Jonny Bones!?

Admittedly I dislike Bones as much as the next guy, and there's no denying he's the best light heavy, but if he walks from this unpunished it's ********.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back