The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #721 of 1,080
Rumble has serious power I hope he does the same to jones I remember what he did to Nog too it was ridiculous. My buddy thought gust would take Anthony but I was like no way

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #722 of 1,080
I'm really worried about this Anderson fight he's lost his jaw I'm a huge fan and they say if he beats nick he could get a title shot. I really don't want to see him fight Weidman again. I'd rather see him take interesting fights and retire and not go out like Chuck or Dan

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #723 of 1,080
Read this on another forum:

Andersen Silva AND Nick Diaz test positive in drug screenings. Silva, a former UFC Middleweight champion, tested positive for steroids in a pre-fight screening that took place Jan. 9th whereas Diaz tested positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test, the third time that he has done so. 

As for Andersen, his post fight results have not been returned. Silva would likely face a temporary suspension until his hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission in March or April.

The lab that conducted the screenings, based out of Salt Lake City, didn't return Silva's Jan. 9th screening until Feb. 3rd. Had the results come sooner, the Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn't have let Silva fight.

As for Diaz, this is the third time that he has tested positive for marijuana. He first tested positive for the substance back in 2007 when he fought Takanori Gomi in the PRIDE circuit. He received a six month ban for that test. He later received a one year ban after testing positive for the same substance in his Welterweight title fight against Carlos Conduit in 2012.

After that ban, the NSAC Raised the standards of the substance to match the World Anti-Doping Agency standards to 150 ng/mL, triple the previous limit.

Fox Sports is reporting that Diaz had double the new limit in his system at the post-fight screening.

Bold is mine.  Some serious BS going on here, kinda like Jones' hardly a slap on the wrist.  Sad, UFC, sad.

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #724 of 1,080
I saw this too, that fight sucked, and Anderson didn't look like Anderson at all.  Nick is on his way out at this point, I can see him retiring soon, both him and his bro don't look like they want it anymore. Somehow the UFC prior to this fight signed Anderson up for a bunch of different fights, looking at this fight, I hope he doesn't go out like Chuck.  At the end of the fight Anderson mentioned his family and kids want him to stop fighting, and hopefully he just wanted to leave the sport on a winning note.  With the suspension pending he might as well just retire.     

Quote:
  Read this on another forum:

Andersen Silva AND Nick Diaz test positive in drug screenings. Silva, a former UFC Middleweight champion, tested positive for steroids in a pre-fight screening that took place Jan. 9th whereas Diaz tested positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test, the third time that he has done so. 

As for Andersen, his post fight results have not been returned. Silva would likely face a temporary suspension until his hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission in March or April.

The lab that conducted the screenings, based out of Salt Lake City, didn't return Silva's Jan. 9th screening until Feb. 3rd. Had the results come sooner, the Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn't have let Silva fight.

As for Diaz, this is the third time that he has tested positive for marijuana. He first tested positive for the substance back in 2007 when he fought Takanori Gomi in the PRIDE circuit. He received a six month ban for that test. He later received a one year ban after testing positive for the same substance in his Welterweight title fight against Carlos Conduit in 2012.

After that ban, the NSAC Raised the standards of the substance to match the World Anti-Doping Agency standards to 150 ng/mL, triple the previous limit.

Fox Sports is reporting that Diaz had double the new limit in his system at the post-fight screening.

Bold is mine.  Some serious BS going on here, kinda like Jones' hardly a slap on the wrist.  Sad, UFC, sad.

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #725 of 1,080
Anderson might not have looked like himself cause Nick was really working his mental game over, nor was he ever hurt.  And that stuck out elbow blocking of his was great.  First viewing I wasn't sure which way the fight should go, though by the end I knew Anderson would win.  I mean really, to see Anderson go out like that?  No chance.  Only if Nick really put a hurting on him would he have a chance.  He was close, but it just never really happened.  But it never happened for Anderson either.

Second viewing I saw how Anderson got in some really important shots to score points.  Thus the decision.  But really, Nick got in some serious shots on Anderson, also.  

I agree though, time to go.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #726 of 1,080
Yeah, I just think its time to pass the torch too. I loved watching him fight, but I'd rather not see him fade away slowly by the younger crowd with new techniques.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #727 of 1,080
I don't think it was Nick's head game so much, but Anderson's striking looked ineffective at times..those clean effortless strikes were gone.  Physically he didn't seem to decline any, but he definately took no chances at all.  He is definately not on the same level he was, and it may be due to being off for over a year, but even in the rematch with Weidman he looked so conservative and hesitant.  

I really hope Rumble KOs Jones..

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #728 of 1,080
Rumble will imo definitely give it to jones. But then again we thought DC was going to destroy Jones. And i personally think Diaz didn't try to his full potential in his last fight. He came through the airport and my coworkers got a chance to talk to him. they said he didn't really care if he won , he knows he is coming off a long break so anything could happen. rather then that they also said he looked high haha.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #729 of 1,080
High? Really? Diaz?

Haha, dude has more THC than haemoglobin in his blood. You could smoke Diaz. I'm surprised weed isn't growing out of his body, but maybe he shaves?

Also, Diaz is such a likable character, that win or lose, I'll definitely pay to see him fight, no matter where he fights. I just wish he keeps getting high profile legend fights. At some point though, he's going to be cannon fodder, as usual when it comes to legends of the sport. They need to pass the torch, and while I agree with it, it's somewhat saddening to see legends getting beat up for no apparent reason other than for their name.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #730 of 1,080
  Rumble will imo definitely give it to jones. But then again we thought DC was going to destroy Jones. And i personally think Diaz didn't try to his full potential in his last fight. He came through the airport and my coworkers got a chance to talk to him. they said he didn't really care if he won , he knows he is coming off a long break so anything could happen. rather then that they also said he looked high haha.

I cant wait for this fight...this is classic Power vs Technique.

Johnson annihilate Gustaffson with authority!

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #731 of 1,080
In the back of my head I wasn't sure DC could do it..he's a bit undersized..I was really hoping he could toss Jones around and dominate him with wrestling.  However, he landed that uppercut over and over-Jones doesn't really have much head movement, and even Gustaf outboxed him.  I'm hoping Rumble will make him eat some uppercuts and win.  Gustaf was mostly knocked out by a headbutt, videos comfirmed that, but Rumble still has good power.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #732 of 1,080
Yes, exactly my view also.  Granted DC can bring it, I didn't think he could against Jones.  There's no denying Jones' abilities.  DC failed because he didn't wrestle.  A lost chance.  A little like Diaz against Silva.  Way more could have happened, but it didn't.

Gus was really close for a while.  

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #733 of 1,080
So out of curiosity (boredom) I watched Gus v Jones.  They (Joe and Mike and me and scoresheets) gave Gus three rounds.  How in the heck did Jones win this?

He wasn't doing **** til the end of round four when Gus got clocked and split open.  Still, 3 rounds to 2 (at best for Jones)?  How many takedowns did Gus have (six)?  I mean REALLY UFC!?  It took Jones 10 tries for 1 take down.

And that that **** Jones thought he won at the end?  Kidding me.

The entire crowd boo'd it.

Sorry, had to vent.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #734 of 1,080
  Yes, exactly my view also.  Granted DC can bring it, I didn't think he could against Jones.  There's no denying Jones' abilities.  DC failed because he didn't wrestle.  A lost chance.  A little like Diaz against Silva.  Way more could have happened, but it didn't.

Gus was really close for a while.  

did you even watch the fight man? he try to take him down but he couldnt, instead Jones took him down.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #735 of 1,080
  So out of curiosity (boredom) I watched Gus v Jones.  They (Joe and Mike and me and scoresheets) gave Gus three rounds.  How in the heck did Jones win this?

He wasn't doing **** til the end of round four when Gus got clocked and split open.  Still, 3 rounds to 2 (at best for Jones)?  How many takedowns did Gus have (six)?  I mean REALLY UFC!?  It took Jones 10 tries for 1 take down.

And that that **** Jones thought he won at the end?  Kidding me.

The entire crowd boo'd it.

Sorry, had to vent.

the UFC has nothing to do with judging, all Judges from Boxing to MMA are out of Nevada state commission. This is how it went down, I bet those judges were laying big money on jones to win and then they shut one eye and open the other and scoot in a point or two for Jones..I agreed Gustafson should have won, even if he did lol he would have lost the belt to Rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back