The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Jan 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #706 of 1,080
  Cokewater™ for the between rounds pick me up™

Hah.

While one can pretty safely say weed doesn't help or hurt their performance if done during training, the commission does have to weigh the dangers that cocaine use can present to the heart. Not everyone goes all Len Bias and plenty of athletes compete at the top level coked out of their minds (Tyson), it certainly isn't as harmless as the stoner Diaz brothers.

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #708 of 1,080

Hah.

While one can pretty safely say weed doesn't help or hurt their performance if done during training, the commission does have to weigh the dangers that cocaine use can present to the heart. Not everyone goes all Len Bias and plenty of athletes compete at the top level coked out of their minds (Tyson), it certainly isn't as harmless as the stoner Diaz brothers.

It's a law enforcement issue; so refer it to the legal enforcers and let them decide the penalty. I agree that there should be no additional sanctions.

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #709 of 1,080
C'mon, I've tried it a few times and afterwards I'm ready to run my ass off for miles.  I'm invincible.  It's crap that Jones ain't getting slammed hard for this.

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #710 of 1,080
I was watching the fights with my buddy and our new saying when someone is losing is man that guy needs some cocaine or he shoulda used some coke. I don't likr mcgregor much but they've hyped him so much they see a big payday waiting he should have fought mendes or Frankie before getting s title shot. Crap like this and signing CM punk is making me lose interest in the sport...at least Brock was a legit all American.

Cocaine can increase pain threshold and increase aggression. Anyone besides me ever fought anyone on coke? They feel no pain . Still think jones should get something for that besides a $25k dollar slap on the wrist he wipes his butt with $25k. Besides he stayed in rehab only overnight and used that place as a hotel and left the next day. He went to see his brothe/cousin play for the Ravens. And come on this is def not the only time he's used it..lol

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #711 of 1,080
  C'mon, I've tried it a few times and afterwards I'm ready to run my ass off for miles.  I'm invincible.  It's crap that Jones ain't getting slammed hard for this.

I was talking about the weed part, which is definitely not performance-enhancing.

Coke? You think you're invincible but this can be a weakness because it's not real. The fact that it de-sensitizes one to pain can be interpreted as a medical need, but can also lead to worse injury so leave it up to the doctors because it's just natural novacaine. If it's being used recreationally away from the sport, then it shouldn't matter to the sport so leave it to the legal authorities.

Steroids and their ilk provide real competitive advantages in athletic competition, that's why they should be policed by athletic authorities. Anything else is just a control drama.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #712 of 1,080
Cowboy needed some Cokewater™

McGregor was alright.  Nothing as special to me as they make him out to be.

He was more than alright. That being said, Aldo will destroy him.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #713 of 1,080
Aldo will destroy him.

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #714 of 1,080
Yeah. Aldo...  We'll see.  I think the Irishman is on such a high it might get crazy.  I have yet to be impressed by him, only because all his foes look paid off to lose.  Yep...

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #715 of 1,080
I'm pretty sure Mendes or Frankie would have taken him too. Frankie especially is a bad matchup for him. Both mcgregors losses are submission losses. It's kind off odd to think s lot of the top guys have a tremendous reach advantage for their class (ie jones and Anderson) and I know there's more to their talent than that but reach helps a lot...but had a lot of trouble when someone with equivalent reach fought them-Weidman and Gustav. Mcgregor is also pretty tall for the weight class so we will see.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #717 of 1,080
So, a whole 24 hours in rehab and he's cured (insert eyeroll). The UFC is slowly going the way of boxing, sadly.

Then the tweat that someone said they "raged with Jones last night". I was a fan of the earlier guy and rooted for him in the last fight, but I hope he loses his next one. I'm no longer a fan unless he does a complete 180.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #718 of 1,080
So, a whole 24 hours in rehab and he's cured (insert eyeroll). The UFC is slowly going the way of boxing, sadly.

Then the tweat that someone said they "raged with Jones last night". I was a fan of the earlier guy and rooted for him in the last fight, but I hope he loses his next one. I'm no longer a fan unless he does a complete 180.

Yeah I'm there with you. I don't mind a bit of bravado like the Irishman does to get his ppv numbers up, but Jones is acting like a real ass. I kind of hope he is addicted, because that would at least explain his behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back