The Mini³ v2 is out!
Jun 7, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #16 of 50
I think it was made using eagle CAD software which is made for circuit boards if i am not mistaken or somebody made it in a 3d design program

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, I hope that doesn't mean 47 more iterations. You look a lot closer than that.
wink.gif

I am definitely closer than 47 more revs.
wink.gif
I gave myself plenty of "room" so I won't run out of numbers, but I don't expect the circuit and layout to change that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot
How do you make a 3D model of the board like that?

It's done with Eagle3D, a third-party add-on software for Eagle that generates a ray tracing file from the .brd file, and then the Povray program is used to render the image.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am definitely closer than 47 more revs.
wink.gif
I gave myself plenty of "room" so I won't run out of numbers, but I don't expect the circuit and layout to change that much.

It's done with Eagle3D, a third-party add-on software for Eagle that generates a ray tracing file from the .brd file, and then the Povray program is used to render the image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKi][er /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d

Sweet! Thanks guys, now I got a Render of my CMoy board
eggosmile.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #20 of 50
This looks like another awesome project. Thanks!

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 50
I have to ask about the LED's. I see that they are board mounted and near the edge of the board. I assume that you drill a hole in the end panels of the case so that the LED can be seen when lit. Because the LED is facing up and the hole will give a view of the side, will this look normal? Normally, LED's are viewed from the top. Or is my understanding of this package wrong? I didn't think that the top of the enclosure would have the viewing hole because the LED is so far recessed from the top.

A clear plexiglass or lexan cover would be nice (or a clear case).
cool.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #23 of 50
bend the legs of the led 90 degrees so that the led faces out of a drilled hole in the faceplate??

thats how i've done all my leds ... apart from my soha where the led is underneath the tube.

edit: and my pimeta ... as the case is translucent anyways

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bend the legs of the led 90 degrees so that the led faces out of a drilled hole in the faceplate??

and my pimeta ... as the case is translucent anyways

I should have mentioned that. If that was the idea, then I would have expected the rendering to show that way.

I'd like a translucent case for this!

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have mentioned that. If that was the idea, then I would have expected the rendering to show that way.

That is the idea, but the rendering doesn't show it that way because the standard Eagle library LED part doesn't have bent pins.

Quote:

I'd like a translucent case for this!

Sorry, not in a Hammond 1455 series anyway...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the idea, but the rendering doesn't show it that way because the standard Eagle library LED part doesn't have bent pins.

Thanks for the answer.

I won't worry about the case, just want a descent DIY amp.

Jul 11, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #27 of 50
C2846.jpg

More pics here.

As you can see, a lot of progress has been made since the previous post in this thread.

Please see the Mini³ v2 project thread for updates. Everything is moving smoothly to a projected release before the end of this month.

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done AMB, though, well, perhaps a whole new project with opamp + discrete buffer would've been even better at this point. Just my opinion!

Better than a DIY portable of this size? (Note: that's a credit card!)
C2852.jpg

You must be joking. A discrete buffer sounds great, but at this size? NOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back