The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery
Jan 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #61 of 1,426
  Sweet!  

How did you get such shallow DoF?   Long lens + big sensor + wide open?   Or a Lensbaby?  
biggrin.gif

Mike

Hey Mike,
Thanks - I was happy with it!  Its 85mm 1.4 and yes big sensor at about 1/125th, natural light.  Haven't managed to pickup a lensbaby, but people really seem to have a lot of fun with them (and get nice results).  I like the idea of this thread.  Nice work.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #64 of 1,426

Hey Mike,
Thanks - I was happy with it!  Its 85mm 1.4 and yes big sensor at about 1/125th, natural light.  Haven't managed to pickup a lensbaby, but people really seem to have a lot of fun with them (and get nice results).  I like the idea of this thread.  Nice work.

Oh wow - that's probably an expensive lens.  Thanks for the info and the compliment.  I'm enjoying everyone's participation, for sure.

Mike

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #66 of 1,426

Oh wow - that's probably an expensive lens.  Thanks for the info and the compliment.  I'm enjoying everyone's participation, for sure.

Mike

Hey Mike,
I'm of the belief that most things can be shot with one or maybe two lenses (unless you are shooting sports or wildlife).  I shoot almost everything with a 24mm and perhaps 20% with the 85.  Thats it.  If I can't get it with those, then I won't be the guy getting it. My ideal is to shoot with just one lense (the 24).  Unlike headphones, at least with lenses you know its either right or its not, and can call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back