The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery
Feb 14, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #94 of 1,426
I was asked to post my photo here so here it is 
cool.gif

Canon EOS 70D, 15-85EF Lens, 580EX Flash, Lightroom 5 with Silver EFex Pro (should mean something to someone)

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #97 of 1,426
Edited - straight out of Photoshop Elements 4.0.  
biggrin.gif

It's a great photograph Skalkman, but even Ansel Adams used a darkroom, saying:  "A negative is the score. A print is the performance."

I hope you don't mind my interpretation of your capture - one of many possible.  The fact that I couldn't resist doing so, is a tribute to your work at the camera. 

Mike

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #98 of 1,426
  Edited - straight out of Photoshop Elements 4.0.  
biggrin.gif

It's a great photograph Skalkman, but even Ansel Adams used a darkroom, saying:  "A negative is the score. A print is the performance."

I hope you don't mind my interpretation of your capture - one of many possible.  The fact that I couldn't resist doing so, is a tribute to your work at the camera. 

Mike

As i posted this when i was on my Thinkpad T61 which as far as i have seen has one of the worst panels in a laptop, though it is nearly 8 years old it's still rather s**te. I'm back home now and will update with a retouched version.

I don't mind your retouch, tough i do mind the crop. As i for one live by the saying "Crop in the camera, not in the darkroom" (now a days it's more likely Lightroom than a darkroom) as i feel that cropping a frame afterward is like taking the Mona Lisa and go wild on her with a pair of dull scissors. If an image is in need of a tighter framing i would rather thrash it than try to correct/recompose it by cropping it down.

I have nothing against people who use cropping as tool to salvage an image, I just don't do it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back