The LOD needs to be renamed
Sep 27, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #21 of 69
Lewislink Im with you dude, where are the picket signs!!

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 69
I'm workin' on 'em, just let...me...get...this...lassstttt...screw in. There, mine's done now I'll work on yurs. You want it made of wood or spare computer parts? If you go wood you can turn it into a stake to kill vampires with. If you go computer parts you can surf while you're pacing.

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #23 of 69
Im thinking we can both quit our day jobs and picket in the day time. instead of killing the vamps we can just enlist them so they can picket while we are asleep, they can then feed on anyone who opposes us, today LOD tommorow the world!!!

edit: team 'we have vampires who will eat you if you disagree with us'

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #24 of 69
Your plan is solid sounding but nah man, they're like pesky Mosquitoes, every time you turn around one is sucking out your blood. I recommend we just go ahead and leave them in the dark and stake the ones that happen to fly in for a quick sip.

It'll make our picketing much cooler and we can focus on the the mindless ones who follow unthinkingly.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #25 of 69
Perhaps we should call it by its long (full) name then?
Line Out Dock

Certainly more self-explaining than LOD...

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #26 of 69
Or we could call it what it actually is, a cable, a Line Out Cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #28 of 69
There are people too busy with the troubles and issues of life to be troubled with researching and understanding what the LOD is. I have an advantage, I have been screwed out of my life and now have ample time for discovery.

Lets make it as easy on people as possible. Those who are grinding through the cogs of society need the soothing wonder of music in it's richest form. Lets allow them that with simplicity and help them discover how they can be richly rewarded with a line out rig.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #29 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or we could call it what it actually is, a cable, a Line Out Cable
smily_headphones1.gif

True, true...

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 69
It's a dock though, by definition of the physical connector, it "docks" to the ipod/imod/X5/Zune/whatever. A Cable is the part between the connectors, or a generic term for anything using that conductor. At the specific level, the item we are discussing is clearly a "Dock".

A DAP dock normally locks into place, docking itself securely to the device. The nature of that interface is clearly a "dock", how can you redefine that?

Can you give me a one word definition for this item?:

black.jpg

A Line Out Cable would make sense if it did not use a "dock" to connect to the DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back