The Limited Edition Empyrean Phoenix - Shipping Now at HeadAmp
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #31 of 51
Yes, $1000 is probably overpriced for a paintjob and an upgrade cable, even if it is hand painted. But I still don't get the hostility towards Meze in this thread.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 51
It’s not hostile to have an opinion. If some people feel it’s poor value then they are entitled to share that opinion!
If you don’t like that opinion because it’s different from yours that’s fine too but you really shouldn’t be telling people to chill thats not cool.

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #34 of 51
It’s not hostile to have an opinion. If some people feel it’s poor value then they are entitled to share that opinion!
If you don’t like that opinion because it’s different from yours that’s fine too but you really shouldn’t be telling people to chill thats not cool.
Sharing a negative opinion is one thing. (Although I don't start to share my negative opinion about expensive products I won't buy, I simply don't buy them.)
Another thing is to come up with speculative accusations about the company. The latter is unnecessary and doesn't benefit anyone.

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #35 of 51
My comment was aimed at at the one where Meze tries to "fool" someone and the following on online gambling. No problem with people finding it poor value or not to their liking.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #36 of 51
I think they look stunning, but for 1k in addition I'd expect a bit more than a usd300,- upgrade cable ... may be some luxurious pads, something. But the choice of colors, wow.
It says they come with Alcantara pads in addition to the leather ones, plus it also says it's hand painted. Still not worth a grand to most of us, but that seems more a personal feeling about value. Limited Editions are expensive, and they probably have to outsource the finish work,

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #37 of 51
It says they come with Alcantara pads in addition to the leather ones, plus it also says it's hand painted. Still not worth a grand to most of us, but that seems more a personal feeling about value. Limited Editions are expensive, and they probably have to outsource the finish work,
Empy always comes with two pads. Hand painting is painful... however, being at home office painting 100 Empys for 1k a piece sounds quite meditative to me, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #38 of 51
Yes, $1000 is probably overpriced for a paintjob and an upgrade cable, even if it is hand painted. But I still don't get the hostility towards Meze in this thread.
the problem is you are label critical opinions as hostility, if you don't think people have the right to be critical of a product say so don't twist the words from their own mouth, as someone who runs a company I can say critical feedback is usually the most honest and what I value most to help me move forward with a new product or tweak/fix a current product despite it making one uncomfortable.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #39 of 51
the problem is you are label critical opinions as hostility, if you don't think people have the right to be critical of a product say so don't twist the words from their own mouth, as someone who runs a company I can say critical feedback is usually the most honest and what I value most to help me move forward with a new product or tweak/fix a current product despite it making one uncomfortable.
Constructive criticism is helpful. Negative speculation about the company's intentions without any proof is not.

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #43 of 51
Pity you won’t see it when you’re wearing it
Buy a second pair to listen to while you watch these on their headphone couch.
Problem solved.

Personally I find those beautiful, but not worth the extra price for a Paint job. Especially since the regular options all look amazing too.

So I'd invest the money rather in any of the regular Editions and an endgame upgrade cable from Norne (or whoever is your fav cable manufacturer)

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #44 of 51
Buy a second pair to listen to while you watch these on their headphone couch.
Problem solved.

Personally I find those beautiful, but not worth the extra price for a Paint job. Especially since the regular options all look amazing too.

So I'd invest the money rather in any of the regular Editions and an endgame upgrade cable from Norne (or whoever is your fav cable manufacturer)
Well, they do come with the nice copper upgrade cable. Just finding justifications here ... :)

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #45 of 51

Attachments

• 20210426_143136.jpg
    20210426_143136.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back