The Limited Edition Empyrean Phoenix - Shipping Now at HeadAmp
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #19 of 51
Try rebirthing it with better audio imaging and dynamics vs a paintjob...Aeon2C beats it on both those aspects hands down.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #20 of 51
It sure will fool some...

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #21 of 51
Looks great but can't justify the price for what it brings to table. Hopefully we see some sanity in headphone pricing in post covid era

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #22 of 51
Headphone that's a collector item but headphones don't go up in price with age. It's not a comic book or card. At least ZMF is using something special with wood for price increase.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #23 of 51
I think they look gorgeous, but the original just set such a high standard. I’d buy a pair if I didn’t have the coppers.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #24 of 51
Looks great but can't justify the price for what it brings to table. Hopefully we see some sanity in headphone pricing in post covid era
The original Empyrean is IMO the best bang for your buck out there in head-fi. I think this release is intended for a very specific audience.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #25 of 51
The original Empyrean is IMO the best bang for your buck out there in head-fi. I think this release is intended for a very specific audience.
I correct my previous statement. I found HD800 (no S) for $650. That was a better deal.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #26 of 51
Pimp your Headset.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #28 of 51
Now that Meze have got themselves well established in the market they’re now beginning to take the piss on pricing. Surprise surprise....
IIRC this is the projected price Meze had in mind for the Empyrean before market research caused them to rethink. They had to work hard on their economies of scale to reduce the final price at the dealer by 1000 euros, so I wonder if this release is a way of recouping some of their R&D costs.

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 51
$1000 for a paintjob some pads and some cables? are you sure this isn't a DROP product?
Saying a lot about your products pricing with this value proposition pretty sure I can get my headphones wrapped in at a professional auto company, pads made from real unicorn leather, and the best cables I will ever need along with a goo dlooking masseuse to massage me while I listen, depending on the country probably for a whole month. Can you really top that with your pricing?

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #30 of 51
IIRC this is the projected price Meze had in mind for the Empyrean before market research caused them to rethink. They had to work hard on their economies of scale to reduce the final price at the dealer by 1000 euros, so I wonder if this release is a way of recouping some of their R&D costs.
or they could you know keep selling the product to recoup R&D, your comment means 1 of two things either the making of this product cost next to nothing as far as R&D which may be true and proves the cost isn't justified, or this new product cost more R&D and makes no sense to spend more money on R&D for them to try to recoup previous R&D.

Just think about that for a second and remember JDS was selling atoms at $100 with custom user printed designs on them.

This smells like them trying to capitalize on the buying skin phenomenon where game makers make one decent camo pattern overlay it on a bunch of weapons ingame and make millions selling it to people the trick there is they are basically gambling so what Meze needs to do is make it random you get the thing in a loot box and have rare skins. lmaoooo I am such a jerk. But seriously CS:GO skins don't work on headphone so wamp wamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back