The Leben CS300XS Thread
Jul 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #136 of 2,299
Lowering the volume in FOOBAR will reduce resolution, so you don't want to do that.  But I am always able to find a step that works for me on the Leben.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #137 of 2,299
Thanks for the info, I think my math was kind of off.

I feel better now that I know most of the cost will go to shipping and the conversion rate.

Are there any stores in Japan that sells these below MSRP?

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #138 of 2,299
Quote:
Yes, MUCH better than the Extreme.

I put in the lower-gain 5751 driver tubes, and now I use the volume control about 9:00 - still a bit low, but it's not an issue for actual usage.

Quote:
Skylab said:

I have a very slight buzz on my most sensitive headphones.  Can't hear it at all with my LCD-2, Ed 8, HE-5LE, D7000, or T1.  Very slight with W1000X.  More noticeable with the DX1000, but the DX1000 has revealed very small noises of lots of amps that I couldn't hear any noise with any other headphones.

And to be clear - all of the above is with NO music playing - can't hear it at ALL with music playing, with any headphones.

I bet I could get rid of it with tube rolling, though.  But I like the sound of the tubes I have in there, and it doesn't buzz at all with the LCD-2 or Ed 8, which are mostly what I use with it.

Wow, then I have to start telling my wallet to be ready for the Leben. 
confused_face.gif

Quote:
Henmyr said:

I do not hear any buzz with any of my phones.My W5000 are very sensitive and hisses a lot with the CTH but is completely silent with the CS300.

As for volume, sure, it's not much on the dial, but I can adjust the volume perfectly all the way down to zero without channel imbalance even with the very sensitive W5000, so I have no problem with it.

Thanks Henmyr.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #139 of 2,299
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the CS300xs. I got a quote from PriceJapan at $2,427.

I am planning on using this with my Lavry DA10 and HD800.

Can someone scare me away from doing this?

If there is a better deal elsewhere, or if there is a better amp for the price, or something better to spend the money on.

I know this is an awful huge sum of money to spend, but I figure I better enjoy my money before I die.

I plan to die in about 35 years, just in case you are wondering.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #141 of 2,299

Quote:
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the CS300xs. I got a quote from PriceJapan at $2,427.

I am planning on using this with my Lavry DA10 and HD800.

Sweet combo you're planning. Is the CS300xs available in 120v from PriceJapan?

Quote:
arnesto said:

I plan to die in about 35 years, just in case you are wondering.

You are funny. That should work out to about $69.34 a year. Of course your mileage may vary.
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #142 of 2,299
Life is short.  DO IT! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #143 of 2,299
The 120v version can be had if you buy it from the US distributor, but you will end up paying $3,500 for it.

I will buy a convertor for $17.99 from that voltage convertor website mentioned earlier on this tread.

Thanks guys, I just needed that extra push.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #144 of 2,299

Quote:
The 120v version can be had if you buy it from the US distributor, but you will end up paying $3,500 for it.

I will buy a convertor for $17.99 from that voltage convertor website mentioned earlier on this tread.

Thanks guys, I just needed that extra push.

Buying a converter for your CS300xs from Japan saves you a considerable amount of bucks over the US version indeed. I'm sure it will bring you years (hopefully more than 35 years) of listening pleasure. GO!

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #146 of 2,299
After having owned and lived with the Leben CS300XS for a time, if I had to do it all over again and pay $3500.00 for the experience, I would. It's a genuine bargain from Price Japan, add the converter and it's still a steal.

It's sound property, mated with a worthy source, is that of actual. Nothing in it's nature is contrived or forced using the Audez'e! Makes other amps (some very good one's) sound mechanical and antiseptic (transistor), or slow and lethargic (triodes and OTL's). Sounds like flesh on bone! The final arbitrator of the sound quality is left in the lap of the Source Material, where it belong's....

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #148 of 2,299

Quote:
After having owned and lived with the Leben CS300XS for a time, if I had to do it all over again and pay $3500.00 for the experience, I would. It's a genuine bargain from Price Japan, add the converter and it's still a steal.

It's sound property, mated with a worthy source, is that of actual. Nothing in it's nature is contrived or forced using the Audez'e! Makes other amps (some very good one's) sound mechanical and antiseptic (transistor), or slow and lethargic (triodes and OTL's). Sounds like flesh on bone! The final arbitrator of the sound quality is left in the lap of the Source Material, where it belong's....

This is how im feeling about the Stacker II right now, will be interesting to compare it to the Leben.

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #150 of 2,299
It most likely is yes, im glad you parted with it! :wink:  This Stacker II is such a headfi whore!  I hope you used protection.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back