The Leben CS300XS Thread
Jun 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #106 of 2,299
The Leben CS300X is astounding with the Audez'e LCD-2 - I know that is at least one of Alan's combinations.

Jun 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #108 of 2,299

Within Japan only have CS300 and CS600 version. Lowest so far I checked is 143800Yen.
Quote:
The price of the Leben CS300XS from the US importer is $3500.

I saw it on PriceJapan for $2400(being this version would need to use a convertor). Just wondering, if I bought it in Japan, how much would I pay for a new CS300XS.

What kind of mark up would I be paying to have it sent to me from Japan.

A question to MikeLA, which US store has these on display?

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #109 of 2,299
143800 Yen works out to about $1588 US dollars. The US importer wanted $3000 for the CS300. That's a 95% markup. Ouch!

I would like to get one of these but I just don't like the idea of paying a middle man that much to get one.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #110 of 2,299
I think I am going to pick up a cs300xs just to see what all the fuss is about, and compare it to my balanced ref5/roc setup.  Going to use it with the LCD-2s when I get em.  May the best amp win.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #112 of 2,299

Quote:
achristilaw,

When you are listening to your Leben which headphones are you mostly using? 

Since the Leben walked in, I've blown the dust off the HD650's.

I love the control, and extension of that control running balanced, from using the Gilmore's...but the inner-dimensional separation and utter natural layering of the Leben...my Lord!

I have had more "out-of-head" and the resulting "out-of-body" experiences using the Leben..it has a wonderful intermediary synergy between the PS Audio PWT/PWD and the LCD-2.

I have a pair of 600's and they have had the dust blown off em' by the Leben!

It's stance, look and feel and most important...sound quality are a breed apart. I love the lil' darling!

I didn't buy it for headphones...I wanted to use them with my baby Harbeth's in a near-field area (for reading) and I haven't got that far yet....still setting next to the phones. SEE....I need the 600 for the Harbeth's!

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #113 of 2,299
Right!  Get the CS600 for the Harbeths!  Now you're talking, Alan
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #114 of 2,299
achristilaw,

Which Harbeth's ?  What can 15w drive?

We don't have a speaker setup in the house (well not a real one) and the boss is on the verge of giving me the ok to replace one of the old TV's with a 2.0 setup - CS600 came to mind 
wink_face.gif

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #115 of 2,299

Quote:
achristilaw,

Which Harbeth's ?  What can 15w drive?

We don't have a speaker setup in the house (well not a real one) and the boss is on the verge of giving me the ok to replace one of the old TV's with a 2.0 setup - CS600 came to mind 
wink_face.gif

I have a couple different Harbeths, C7's and the HL-P3ES-2's. The 300 will be used on the HLP3's in the near-field...don't need watts in bunches for near-field listening. Background levels for reading mostly, I like reading with Headphones but it isn't comfortable long term wearing glasses. I have the LFD integrated doing that duty now and it does quite well, but having the Leben in hand, I understand what all the fuss from the Audio Press has been about.

It still hasn't made it to the reading area...having way too much fun using as a Headphone amp! It's extraordinary in that regard! I constantly swap amps and jostle for one, two, three days at a time...but even when the Leben isn't in circuit...I need it close so my eye's can caress it (must be love)!    

I have several Home Brew Horn's and Ed's Horn Shoppe Horn's, Klipsch LaScala etc...a whole bunch that an excellent 15 Watts can Muscle actually. They have a whole class of very sensitive Speakers out there that 15 Watts would feast on! Yeah, I have been a gear-head a long time. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #117 of 2,299

Quote:
Move over Megan Fox..'cause that is sexy!

Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #118 of 2,299

Quote:
Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.
biggrin.gif

Yeah! Be there with roller-skates on! "While I was passing by...." Take your phones and some of your own Music!!

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #119 of 2,299

Quote:
Yeah! Be there with roller-skates on! "While I was passing by...." Take your phones and some of your own Music!!

Thanks! Excellent idea. XC Lent. I shall scoot down that hill with phones in hand, head, and arms with ears at the ready and a blast of Music to spin!

Jun 30, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #120 of 2,299

Quote:
Thanks! Excellent idea. XC Lent. I shall scoot down that hill with phones in hand, head, and arms with ears at the ready and a blast of Music to spin!

Just so you know...if the Leben isn't running, allow one hour fifteen to one hour twenty minutes warm-up. You can hammer after ten minutes, most tube amps need at least an hour to sync...the Leben needs a wee bit more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back