The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!!
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #48 of 99
They're for sale on Amazon.ca as well for like 33 last time I checked (though probably shipped from Hongkong anyway), otherwise if you stick with ebay sellers others have tried you'd do ok

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #49 of 99
Don't want to try ebay as I'm afraid they are fake.

no fakes have been reported as of today ...i got mine from ebay.in ..

i've recommended ebay here to several buyers .. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #51 of 99
Quote:
Received mine today ... they sound great, but who came up with this cable?! Because of this may end up sending them back ...

congrats on the buy! 

great if you just let them burn in for a while and then take a listen. they are of astounding value.

i think the problems arising out of the j-configuration is a much too exaggerated ?
the only problem i see is the microphonics ..

use the shirt clip on the cable to the right monitor, and clip it to your shirt/t-shirt collar right behind your neck to reduce the same ..

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #52 of 99
Quote:
i think the problems arising out of the j-configuration is a much too exaggerated ?
the only problem i see is the microphonics ..

Microphonics are not a huge problem for me, as I work out with Meelecs M6P anyway. These are intended for everyday use/carry in a bag/travel.

It's not just j-configuration, which isn't that much of a problem, for me at least. It's the "springiness" of the flat cable -- both when it comes to rolling the set for storage in a pouch, or even when wearing it.

But man, they do sound good, and if cable is not considered are fairly comfortable. My next alternative at the moment to order a pair of GR02 Bass Edition or GR04 Flagship Edition. Both are a bit more $, but if they offer the same or better sound/comfort with a more conventional cable, it may be worth it for me. Any of you guys have first hand experience with either of those two, in addition to MH1C?

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #53 of 99
since I find clieos review to describe things a bit perfectly as far as the mh1c are concerned

and at the same time find his subjective rating - 'the list' to be very much an awesome thing, tryin to appeal to all kindsa sound-seekers rather than really rating an iem on its technical abilities alone and for technical listeners 

i would definitely say that both the vsonics 'might' be a step down from the mh1c .. 

regards,
azaan

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #54 of 99
You know.
I finally understand the frustration people are having with this cable.
Just tried using it while doing house chores.

The problem wasn't microphonics or the mh1c coming out of my ear because of remote control weight.
The problem was the earphones coming out of my ear because whenever I turned my head, the cable moved (or didn't move) and thereby tugged on the earpiece.
Even with the clip attached.

So. the y tape mod it is then.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #55 of 99
the cable moved (or didn't move) and thereby tugged on the earpiece.

me notice same ma! 

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #56 of 99
i've been using these all day.. on the way to work and back home ... i just clip it to my collars, run with them to catch the bus and stuff ..

no problems faced ... just stuff it in my bag when not in use, with no worries like i had with my previous fragile sets .. 

glad you are working your way around this problem you have been facing .. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #57 of 99
You know.
I finally understand the frustration people are having with this cable.
Just tried using it while doing house chores.

The problem wasn't microphonics or the mh1c coming out of my ear because of remote control weight.
The problem was the earphones coming out of my ear because whenever I turned my head, the cable moved (or didn't move) and thereby tugged on the earpiece.
Even with the clip attached.

So. the y tape mod it is then.

You need to clip on the clip below the j-split and clip it high up on your shirt to the left so the right earpiece will have loose play on its cable

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #58 of 99
Just want to add my voice to the chorus and say that these Sony MH1Cs are amazingly good, especially for such a low price.  My current favorite IEM is the Miles Davis Tribute, but these Sony's really surprised me.  I certainly didn't expect them to be as good as they are.  Moreover, I find them very comfortable and can enjoyably listen to them for hours.  As an added bonus, the MH1C tips are great on the Tributes, as well.  The Tributes require a rather shallow seal, and the standard Sony Hybrid tips that so many rave about wouldn't hold a seal in my ears.  The MH1C tips are a bit longer and work very well.  So all in all, a very well-spent $22.90! :) 

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #59 of 99
So I just received these and am testing them out right now. Wow... I'm very impressed. The balance is quite good on these, instrument separation is better than the R1's, mids are better and the soundstage isn't as small as others would describe. The bass is present and quite tight... not as heavy as the R1s, but they are more accurate by far. They have almost as much detail as the RE-ZERO's but without sounding thin like the ZERO's. These to me are the best $30 headphones out there that I've tried and I'm glad I did. They sound pretty damn close to the Sennheiser HD 280 pro's that I'm borrowing from my brother. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm done buying IEM's for a little while now that I have found something that I'm satisfied with.

EDIT: These are also the most comfortable IEM's I've used... even better than my light-as-air Sennheiser CX-150s. Only con is the cable is a bit funky (at least it feels sturdy).

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #60 of 99
Hi turgid,

I own an xperia s. I've been searching for this MH1C and finally found it at eBay. The only thing that stopped me from buying is the originality. As you have bought and it is up to your satisfaction, I've decided to try on eBay. Kindly post the link or the seller information. Am from India and use ebay.in.

Thanks in Advance

Edit:

Also I saw in Amazon two versions of this headset

One is around $29 and other around $65 y the price difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back