THE KATO is finally here
Sep 9, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #16 of 90
Looks interesting. I might pull the trigger on this, but I'm really intersted to know more about this "Line K" cable. What is it? What's upgraded about it? Material Structure, etc?
Your product description of the KATO is comprehensive but where can we learn about this cable?@MOONDROP ?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 90
Sep 9, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #21 of 90
I have the Hana 2021 incoming soon. I will have the KATO when it arrives. I will do a comparison after burn-in and some good, quality time with both.
Cannot wait to read about your experience with both. In my experience having the Hana V2 and the Starfield. The Hana is on another level of sound quality. Hopefully these catch up because due to the looks of the Hana V2, other worse sounding IEMs are being used.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #22 of 90
Cannot wait to read about your experience with both. In my experience having the Hana V2 and the Starfield. The Hana is on another level of sound quality. Hopefully these catch up because due to the looks of the Hana V2, other worse sounding IEMs are being used.
Thanks. I want to be pretty thorough so it may take a few weeks or so. I will also compare the Starfield, Audiosense AQ0, and the Penon FAN. I have extensive experience with those three already.

I like look of the new Hana but it is on the bling bling side for sure. Now if Tanchjim made matte black with silver or gold trim that would be an uptick in looks, IMO.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #23 of 90
Just ordered from official AliExpress store. Used the discount code posted on the Deals Discussion Thread and saved $13.00. Woohoo!

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #24 of 90
Just ordered from official AliExpress store. Used the discount code posted on the Deals Discussion Thread and saved $13.00. Woohoo!
$13 is Thirteen bucks. Better in your pocket! Got a link to that thread and or the code? Might actually push me over. I bought a couple of TOTLs this year and just rolled the dice on that 7Hz Timeless Planar but I'm curious about these. Ive never had or even heard anything from Moondrop but when Chifi get it right, it gets it right and I'm hunting for a mega value all-rounder.

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #25 of 90
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #26 of 90
I missed out on the deal. I ordered from @shenzhenaudio. There was no discount when I ordered there. Maybe Shenzenaudio will find it in their heart to do something retroactively for the early orders?

edit: So, Aliexpress is charging tax but Shenzen is not? That could be a huge difference for some. I am staying with Shenzen.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #27 of 90
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #28 of 90
Sep 9, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #30 of 90
We're thrilled to reveal a new member, KATO.
Its improvements comes in every aspect, from the new nozzle design, to all the sound improvements, we can't tell how excited we are to put them on our shelves.

At this moment, the KATO is already up on shelves at our retailers.
1631175830049.png
We'll add a free "Line K" for all pre orders placed from Sep9-Sep16, available in any termination of your choice from 3.5mm, 2.5mm bal and 4.4mm bal.

1631175859191.png
Thanks! Pre-ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back