The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 4, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #7,651 of 8,352
Hi Headfiers, I have been using my JVC s400 everyday and i love them, but in less then a hour of using, they hurt my ears and get a discomfortable, there is any pads that will improve this without losing sound quality?
I use them with my AKG518 DJ pads, maybe it's the problem. I was looking for pads that improve comfort without loosing SQ.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #7,652 of 8,352
  Hi Headfiers, I have been using my JVC s400 everyday and i love them, but in less then a hour of using, they hurt my ears and get a discomfortable, there is any pads that will improve this without losing sound quality?
I use them with my AKG518 DJ pads, maybe it's the problem. I was looking for pads that improve comfort without loosing SQ.

Not sure if it applies to the S400s but from what I searched and read in this huge s500 thread, hd-25 velour or ES-7 pads sound like they help the comfort but  sound changes differently pending on which one. I think the clamp lessens with time also but what do I know, I am still waiting for my S500s 

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #7,653 of 8,352
I also have them for a few days now... I also ordered the ATH pads and wait for them.

They have been connected to a meridian explorer and running for 30, maybe 40 hours.

Treble is underwhelming for me though. There is no sparkle and that tends to make music too euphonic and bland. Higher frequency sounds fade quickly and let you down...

Connected to a Black Cube Linear they portray the same character.

I sure hope the ATH pads help some...

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #7,654 of 8,352
Seriously though... They are a "fun" $35 portable headphone... Jacked into an iPod, Clip+, C3 etc while your on the go is what it's all about.

I don't imagine the sound would change much if I ran them from my Burson Conductor SL or the FiiO E11. A good bass and very easy to wear on the run is where these shine, with the price point in mind they are an excellent little headphone.
:beerchug: :basshead:

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #7,655 of 8,352

HM5 pads turn S400/500 into "around the ear" headphone - you can wear it for hours now.
The bass becomes a little looser (not too much though), soundstage improves

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #7,656 of 8,352
Consider
Seriously though... They are a "fun" $35 portable headphone... Jacked into an iPod, Clip+, C3 etc while your on the go is what it's all about.

I don't imagine the sound would change much if I ran them from my Burson Conductor SL or the FiiO E11. A good bass and very easy to wear on the run is where these shine, with the price point in mind they are an excellent little headphone.
:beerchug: :basshead:

Considering their current price I' m with you. Thery're perfectly fine.

I use to talk seriously all of the time though, so please watch your manners.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #7,657 of 8,352
Consider

Watch my manners?

Sorry Pal... You seem to be a bit confused as there was nothing wrong my post or manners.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #7,658 of 8,352

Watch my manners?

Sorry Pal... You seem to be a bit confused as there was nothing wrong my post or manners.

Lol - I was confused as well so went looking for your bad manners. Nope. Nadda.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #7,659 of 8,352
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #7,661 of 8,352
Nov 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #7,662 of 8,352
Nov 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #7,663 of 8,352
Consider

You remind me of people in my school. Always sad and serious. I can never imagine them smiling :D

Anyway, I haven't been giving these the love they deserve as I'm mostly using my MA900's, but I plugged these in yesterday and the first thing I noticed is DAMN THAT SUBBASS EXTENSION. I really missed the rumble on these.
Bass so low it hertz :wink:

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #7,664 of 8,352
You remind me of people in my school. Always sad and serious. I can never imagine them smiling
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I haven't been giving these the love they deserve as I'm mostly using my MA900's, but I plugged these in yesterday and the first thing I noticed is DAMN THAT SUBBASS EXTENSION. I really missed the rumble on these.
Bass so low it hertz
wink.gif

damn that makes me want to buy them to try them.

does the sub bass go as low as.. say an DT770?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back