The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #7,441 of 8,352
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #7,445 of 8,352
Wee tip guys , beats solo pads are the best I have tried by a mile, doesn't change the sound much at all from stock ( which is the best imo , jvc knew best wow!)
Nice!
Now I can forsee all the demo beats solo's at BestBuy missing pads for some reason... :D

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #7,446 of 8,352
Anyone else notice the WS55 pads really "clarifies" the sound?

I just went back to the original pads after lots of use with WS55 pads to see if there would be any difference, and man the stock pads make everything sound so muddy and the bass super boomy, and they're really quite uncomfortable compared to the WS55 pads.

The WS55 pads make the midrange a little too up front for my preferences, but I'd rather have shouty vocals than boomy bass and muddiness. 

For all those considering purchasing a pair of S500s, the WS55 pads will be your best upgrade. Guaranteed.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #7,447 of 8,352

I just went back to the original pads after lots of use with WS55 pads to see if there would be any difference, and man the stock pads make everything sound so muddy and the bass super boomy, and they're really quite uncomfortable compared to the WS55 pads.

The WS55 pads make the midrange a little too up front for my preferences, but I'd rather have shouty vocals than boomy bass and muddiness. 

For all those considering purchasing a pair of S500s, the WS55 pads will be your best upgrade. Guaranteed.

I prefer the stock pads because more bass = more pleasure :)

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #7,449 of 8,352
  What do you gus have to say about these cans against the CAL!? I am having a very hard time trying to decide between these two.

Get both! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #7,450 of 8,352
  What do you gus have to say about these cans against the CAL!? I am having a very hard time trying to decide between these two.

I think they are much better basshead phones than Cal.  Cal stock is more comfortable than the JVC stock.................so I added HM5 pads to the JVC and comfort is on par with CAL. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #7,451 of 8,352

Get both! 
biggrin.gif

I wish I had the money but I am an unlucky broke student.

I think they are much better basshead phones than Cal.  Cal stock is more comfortable than the JVC stock.................so I added HM5 pads to the JVC and comfort is on par with CAL. 

But I mean soundwise? Can you or even someone else comment about them?

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #7,453 of 8,352
I wish I had the money but I am an unlucky broke student.

But I mean soundwise? Can you or even someone else comment about them?

Sound wise as well. Sorry I wasn't clear. I think they sound way better than any $50 headphone I've tried.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #7,454 of 8,352
Success! Another convert!
smily_headphones1.gif

Those were exactly my first impressions of the pads without any burn-in or whatsoever.

Quote:

Compared to the stock pads the bass is no longer boomy but precise and punchy. Witchcraft?!
Give it a try, they are totally worth it.

Spread the S500 + WS55 love ❤

Pictures of my S500 with ATH WS55 pads

-graureiher

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #7,455 of 8,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back