The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #7,351 of 8,352
Aug 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #7,352 of 8,352
To me the S500's are a basshead cans (because their bass is strong enough to become fatiguing to me after a while). But I know that doesn't make them true basshead cans for the likes of you crazy cats in the Basshead thread lol!

The bass definitely doesn't fatigue me with the S500's, even after hours of use. Sometimes I even wish they have more bass, but that's just me :)

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #7,353 of 8,352
Quote:
The bass definitely doesn't fatigue me with the S500's, even after hours of use. Sometimes I even wish they have more bass, but that's just me
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, but you're not a wimp 
size]

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #7,354 of 8,352
Alright, I've got about 20 hours of burn-in with WS55 pads on. The bass does sound slightly tighter than I recall, and the mids seem to have opened up a bit, as well as the highs. 

Honestly not sure how I feel about the WS55 pads, as I didn't have much to complain about as far as the original pads went per se...but we'll see how it goes. 

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #7,356 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi, has anyone compared these to the Denon HP700s? Which is better overall?

I would say the HP700's as they are a full size can and more comfortable.

A friend of mine has the HP700's I'll have him bring them over next time he visits, should be this weekend.
I compared the HP700 to my HFI-780's and didn't like the HP700 for a lack of bass impact, they went low just no ear tickle. :)

RPGWizard had the HP700's and he can probably give a much better sonic comparison to the S500's.

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #7,358 of 8,352
Quote:
Thread's been dead for 2 days, therefore it's Picture Time!
biggrin.gif

My S500s are in the mail, on their way back to me. I'm sure it will be a happy homecoming.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #7,359 of 8,352
My S500s are in the mail, on their way back to me. I'm sure it will be a happy homecoming.
smile_phones.gif
It has been quite a while, they will require much love upon return. :)

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #7,360 of 8,352
It's been a little quiet around here so I'll post my little ear pad change.
I wanted something that doesn't add too much bulk like the HM5's pads or change the sound, I also wanted something that will help with isolation.
The HM3 pads was a perfect solution. The HM3 pads are not the most comfortable and it doesn't fit everyone, but it works perfect for my needs.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #7,361 of 8,352
Quote:
It's been a little quiet around here so I'll post my little ear pad change.
I wanted something that doesn't add too much bulk like the HM5's pads or change the sound, I also wanted something that will help with isolation.
The HM3 pads was a perfect solution. The HM3 pads are not the most comfortable and it doesn't fit everyone, but it works perfect for my needs.

Looks great RoMee!
What is that foam on the driver plate?

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #7,362 of 8,352
Quote:
What is that foam on the driver plate?

I don't know what it's called, but I got the foam thingy from my wife, they're about the size of a 7 inch tablet and are used for heated hospital blanket filters, they also have an adhesive backing. I wish I could get more but my wife no longer work there.

Edit:
Here's the filter

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #7,364 of 8,352
Does anyone else find the HA-S500 a bit murky?

Its great for EDM and pop music but I find if I listen to punk rock/heavy music with fast bass, guitar and male vocals, the sound is very heavy and thick sounding (congested).

I've ordered the WS55 pads to improve the comfort but am tempted to get the es700 or ws99 in the hope to open up the music and separate the bass from the mids. It could just be that the mids are recessed and the bass is overpowering them? I'm new to all this, so I'm unsure on the correct terms.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #7,365 of 8,352
  Does anyone else find the HA-S500 a bit murky?

Its great for EDM and pop music but I find if I listen to punk rock/heavy music with fast bass, guitar and male vocals, the sound is very heavy and thick sounding (congested).

I've ordered the WS55 pads to improve the comfort but am tempted to get the es700 or ws99 in the hope to open up the music and separate the bass from the mids. It could just be that the mids are recessed and the bass is overpowering them? I'm new to all this, so I'm unsure on the correct terms.

How long have you had them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back