The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 27, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #7,306 of 8,352
Quote:
Interesting....I never thought the HTX7's were bright. But everybody's ears are different.
wink.gif

Actually, it's not bright per se, but with certain sources it sounds quite bright. I guess they're just very sensitive to the source, as well as EQing. Though, of course I listen to all my music with flat EQ. I know it sounds bright with my iPhone 4S, and most other mobile devices, but with my ODAC it sounds alright.

Impressions after listening for 2 hours:

Man, these are pretty dark! I truly hope they will open up a bit after an extensive burn-in, really not getting the sparkle I expected, for now at least.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #7,308 of 8,352
Quote:
Actually, it's not bright per se, but with certain sources it sounds quite bright. I guess they're just very sensitive to the source, as well as EQing. Though, of course I listen to all my music with flat EQ. I know it sounds bright with my iPhone 4S, and most other mobile devices, but with my ODAC it sounds alright.

Impressions after listening for 2 hours:

Man, these are pretty dark! I truly hope they will open up a bit after an extensive burn-in, really not getting the sparkle I expected, for now at least.

I agree that the treble is a little dark, which is why I prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore IEMs.  I'm looking for an on-ear/over-ear that is a little brighter.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #7,309 of 8,352
both the S650 and the S500 are on sale for 30 bucks. the S500 was 40 bucks and the S650 was 90.
But what is the better headphone?
I haven't seen any comparison between those two.

People have said the S650 has good isolation, others said the opposite...
Both are comfortable.

What 'phone is better for me?
I listen to rock, punk, house mainly. I also play games such as Halo.
I already have AKG K403s (ultra-portable), but I want something that is very comfortable and has decent sound isolation. 
Portability is nice, but I already have portable 'phones so it's not a huge concern.
I want good bass, but not overwhelming bass.
I'll be using it with my phone, my computer (integrated sound for now, maybe ASUS Xonar or something later on) and don't have a headphone amp.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #7,310 of 8,352
The S500z's would obviously be the better headphone as this IS the S500 appreciation thread. :D

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #7,315 of 8,352
:<  im an IDIOT!!!!11!1! (or just misread the name).
THE ONE ON SALE is the HA-SR500, which seems to be a different model than the HA-S500.... so i'll go with the S650. I heard the ear pads are really nice and mold to your ear. Besides, it's on a pretty good sale at a store nearby. =D Sorry S500 fans.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_1105&item_id=059557
^le impostor.

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #7,316 of 8,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back