The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #7,187 of 8,352
EDIT: Whoops, double post! 
devil_face.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #7,188 of 8,352
Quote:
Time to strip them and put the flat black Krylon to the cups.

Not yet, haha. I'm gonna let it happen on its own. I asked about it earlier but I really don't care anymore. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
What have you got powering those in the background o.o 

Also, good idea. Would love to see these in different colours.

http://tascam.com/product/us-1641/

My first I/O interface! It's not great, and the drivers are no longer supported (audio bugs abound and universal ASIO drivers don't help), but even if I'm not recording, a physical knob for volume makes it all worth it!

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #7,192 of 8,352
I read somewhere in this forum that don´t get the black one, because of the paintchip. Now is gunmetal?
I don't think I have read anywhere of the GunMetal flaking off or peeling.

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #7,194 of 8,352
Yes if you tried really hard...
It would probably come off in bits like bad chrome, all sharp edges and such...
I can see it now, blood everywhere.

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #7,195 of 8,352
Quote:

MUAHAHAHA

I've gotten explicit negatories on the Gun Metal version having this problem although I imagine if one tried realllllllllly hard...

I can confirm this. The coating started coming off on mine after having them for a little over a month. It got so bad that I eventually decided to just try to scratch off the rest of the coating, which I did for the left ear, but never to the right lol. They stopped shedding after I scratched it off in the left ear for some reason 
confused_face_2.gif
 yeah idk. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #7,197 of 8,352
Mine just arrived, nice and new :)

So far, so good!

Still burning them in, overall impressions: 
-Bass is a bit boomy, and it could get tighter.
-Treble could use *a bit* more sparkle, maybe this is because I'm coming from DT880's and M50's, both bright cans.
-They're not the most comfortable cans in the world, especially when you have a Beyer :wink:

Nevertheless, they're super enjoyable and fun to listen to. No regrets in buying them at all. And I'm sure they'll get even better with more burn in. 
I'll have my review up when I feel that they're fully burned in, I'll try to play songs with these for the next week nonstop. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #7,198 of 8,352
Quote:
I did. But only off my laptop and on tracks that aren't very loud to begin with. I DID notice a big difference with a USB DAC bypassing the onbaord sound card.

My desktop's onboard sound is terrible, and I have no DAC for it. The lappy doesn't sound too bad, but most all my listening is just from my DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back