The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 8, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #7,156 of 8,352
Hi guys. I just ordered these on impulse yesterday after reading the comments here. I hope it doesn't dissapoint me :)

I'm also wondering if any of you guys have tried this with Fiio E07K or any similarly priced amp/dac. Is there much improvement to be heard with the setup? Currently the only source I have is my ipod touch 4 and my laptop.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #7,157 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi guys. I just ordered these on impulse yesterday after reading the comments here. I hope it doesn't dissapoint me
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also wondering if any of you guys have tried this with Fiio E70K or any similarly priced amp/dac. Is there much improvement to be heard with the setup? Currently the only source I have is my ipod touch 4 and my laptop.

I have run them from my E17 which is nice if you want to adjust bass and treble, but they really don't require an amp.
Most times they are plugged straight into the Nano 3rd Gen or the C3.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #7,158 of 8,352
Quote:
I have run them from my E17 which is nice if you want to adjust bass and treble, but they really don't require an amp.
Most times they are plugged straight into the Nano 3rd Gen or the C3.

While I agree that they don't NEED an amp. I love them paired with the C&C BH, just think it's adds that little bit of extra juice. 

Listening to some Good Charlotte (a blast from the past, eh? Really used to listen to these guys religiously.) and jesus, the amount of fun I was having sitting on a couch and listening. Could never complain about them for the price. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #7,159 of 8,352
I am considering these headphones for use in the library and work. Do you think they provide good isolation? How do you rate the leakage in these? Also, how do they compare with the HAS400W? Thanks!

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #7,160 of 8,352
I am considering these headphones for use in the library and work. Do you think they provide good isolation? How do you rate the leakage in these? Also, how do they compare with the HAS400W? Thanks!

I dont have any xperience with the s500 but if its anything like the s400s they have surprisingly low levels of lekage and isolate some noise. The noise isolation isn't bad but its not amazing

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #7,164 of 8,352
Quote:

While I agree that they don't NEED an amp. I love them paired with the C&C BH, just think it's adds that little bit of extra juice. 

Listening to some Good Charlotte (a blast from the past, eh? Really used to listen to these guys religiously.) and jesus, the amount of fun I was having sitting on a couch and listening. Could never complain about them for the price. 

All boost always helps this is true.

My E11 stays strapped to the C3 because the ouput on the C3 is teh suck for anything but IEM's. With the E11 on Bass boost 1 and Bob Marley on the C3... Da S500's be rockin out the riddums mon!  
basshead.gif

I just love them, stock pads and all.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #7,165 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi guys. I just ordered these on impulse yesterday after reading the comments here. I hope it doesn't dissapoint me
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also wondering if any of you guys have tried this with Fiio E07K or any similarly priced amp/dac. Is there much improvement to be heard with the setup? Currently the only source I have is my ipod touch 4 and my laptop.

Easy to power from either but depending on your laptop's sound card I would consider adding an inexpensive USB DAC for amazing SQ.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #7,166 of 8,352
Damn you Dsnuts.
I´m a newbie...since I joined the Head-Fi I have spent a lot on IEMs, bought a pair of Nuforce NE-700M (improved), Moshi Vortex and Meelectronics M6P recently. I live in Sweden, so the shipment does add quiet a bit on the cost.
And for the moment I don´t own any on-ear phone at all.
Now when I read your review about the JVC HA-S500...... you make me want them so bad lol
biggrin.gif

I think I will order a pair tonight. So what is the proper way to get it burn in? Any links so I can download something to use for burn in and how long time does it need?

Thanks for a great review. So if I need to eat noodle for the rest of the month is your fault Dsnuts hahaha.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #7,167 of 8,352
Quote:
All boost always helps this is true.

My E11 stays strapped to the C3 because the ouput on the C3 is teh suck for anything but IEM's. With the E11 on Bass boost 1 and Bob Marley on the C3... Da S500's be rockin out the riddums mon!  
basshead.gif

I just love them, stock pads and all.

I'm just loving them so much atm, I think they can be a bit  congested at times, but in saying that I once had TF10s and soon will again. 

Quote:
Damn you Dsnuts.
I´m a newbie...since I joined the Head-Fi I have spent a lot on IEMs, bought a pair of Nuforce NE-700M (improved), Moshi Vortex and Meelectronics M6P recently. I live in Sweden, so the shipment does add quiet a bit on the cost.
Now when I read your review about the JVC HA-S500...... you make me want them so bad lol
biggrin.gif

I think I will order a pair tonight. So what is the proper way to get it burn in? Any links so I can download something to use for burn in and how long time does it need?

Thanks for a great review. So if I need to eat noodle for the rest of the month is your fault Dsnuts hahaha.

As always, best way to burn in the headphone is using it. Optionally have music playing over night, bass heavy seems to be the idea. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #7,169 of 8,352
Quote:
Damn you Dsnuts.
biggrin.gif

Order a pair in each colour from Amazon Japan, Plug DAP into electric socket, plug S500 into DAP, put on some bassy tracks, let them cook for 2 weeks.

Rest for 15 minutes and then serve!

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #7,170 of 8,352
Ok, I'm seriously considering jumping on the S500 train.  I purchased the Creative Aurvana Lives a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying them.  However, last night I did a side by side comparison with them against my Superlux HD681's and came to the conclusion that the bass on the CAL!'s are just not what I am looking for.  To my ears, the HD681's bass has much more impact and texture.  So, my question is, would the S500's bass be more along the lines of the HD681?  It's going to be tough to send the CAL!'s back because I love them for their comfort and performance on acoustic music.  However, in the end, I just gotta have the BASS (guess I'm a basshead and didn't know it).

Thanks!   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back