The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Dec 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #3,677 of 8,352
Quote:
Enjoy it mate! It's got some amazing sounds.
Also, check out my mixes at http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas
smily_headphones1.gif

nice,  good music.!

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,678 of 8,352
Dec 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,679 of 8,352
For those not into the trance or other electronica, give this song a listen....sounds great on the S500. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #3,681 of 8,352
Interesting. So just as an experiment. I threw on the stock HA-S500 pads and then my HM5 over them.

These sound great with this..No tape mod needed. Somehow the effect of having the HM5 over the stock pad configuration just works..While sound changes are not night and day from the other pads. I don't think other pads are needed at all. So while I haven't gotten my O rings yet to just try the HM5 pads. This works great too. I can't say which pad combo configuration gives a better sound. There is certainly more bass end to the stock pads vs the others but not to where it detracts from the mids.. So for guys that want a bit more bass emphasis just using your stock pad with the MH5 pads over them works just fine. Sounds great for trance.

So ATH Pleathers if you want a more balanced sound.

HM5 pads over your stock pads to have. More comfort over the ear and the sound is more fuller. These just works well with actually any pad or none on your HA-S500. The comfort level has gone through the roof for me however. I watched some movies and played some games using this. Just awesome what these pads do. Not to mention these now sound like full sized cans in every single way. The comfort factor alone is worth getting a pair. The sound enhancement is an extra bonus. Highly recommended.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3,682 of 8,352
Quote:
Tried the music linked here... sadly it seems that trance is not the thing for me (though the sound itself is indeed good with the S500). If I go the electronic route, I tend to stay on the more melodic side. Stuff like The Glitch Mob, Blackmill, Zomby, Rustie. My favorite by far is Glitch Mob. I wrote my whole master thesis listening to their "Drink the Sea" album almost exclusively
wink.gif

Anyone here has something like this stuff? Always looking for something new to listen to
biggrin.gif

If you haven't yet, check out Pretty Lights at www.prettylightsmusic.com.  Funky Electro-Hip Hop fusion sort of stuff.  I think you'll dig it, especially since you enjoy Glitch Mob.  Everything he's released ever he puts up on his site for free download at 320kbps (for the most part)

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #3,683 of 8,352
Quote:
You guys that are lovers of the harder sound should download this free album by Technikal.
http://www.technikal.co.uk/soldier-of-sound-album-available-now-as-free-download/
He was voted UK best Hard Trance DJ/Producer, and always puts out quality tunage. Be careful, your ears might explode from the bass in this album.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Very cool. Thanks.

Quote:
Tried the music linked here... sadly it seems that trance is not the thing for me (though the sound itself is indeed good with the S500). If I go the electronic route, I tend to stay on the more melodic side. Stuff like The Glitch Mob, Blackmill, Zomby, Rustie. My favorite by far is Glitch Mob. I wrote my whole master thesis listening to their "Drink the Sea" album almost exclusively
wink.gif

Anyone here has something like this stuff? Always looking for something new to listen to
biggrin.gif

Only got through the first song from that "Drink the Sea" album, but if that one is any indication... wow - awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,684 of 8,352
Quote:

If you haven't yet, check out Pretty Lights at www.prettylightsmusic.com.  Funky Electro-Hip Hop fusion sort of stuff.  I think you'll dig it, especially since you enjoy Glitch Mob.  Everything he's released ever he puts up on his site for free download at 320kbps (for the most part)

Woah, that's a lot of new stuff to check out! Thank you for this, will be working my way through his discography over the next few days
beyersmile.png

Quote:

Very cool. Thanks.

Only got through the first song from that "Drink the Sea" album, but if that one is any indication... wow - awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait till you get to the second one. The style/tempo change around thirty seconds in got me so hooked on that track and I still don't know why exactly. I just like it a lot
wink.gif
. Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the album and their work as much. Don't forget to check out their remix stuff. Pretty cool tracks in there too.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #3,685 of 8,352
So. Here it is. The prizes up for grabs.

1st prize

The requirement. You have to provide a review of the RHAs. These are actually very good earphones. A bit of a surprise to me actually..Worthy of being packaged with the white Sansa fuze loaded with music you may or may not like. Electronica.. Thanks goes to Danny Bai for providing the Sansa Fuze.

2nd place.

A pair of RHA-350 and one of my all time favorites. The MP8320. Again the winner of this prize is required to give a little feedback about the RHAs. Thanks to Isabelwatson of RHA for providing samples of the RHA-350.

3rd 4th 5th.

The third place winner will also get a pair of MP8320s. The rest will get Rosewill woodies. Makes for great gym buds and actually have better sound than you think.

Ok so the prizes aren't from the prices right. But hey it is something to shoot for. The RHA phones will surprise the guys that get them..And who don't want a White Sansa Fuze.?

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3,686 of 8,352
Just recieved my HA S500 today after ordering about two weeks ago. A ten second listen yielded this impression: good midrange and treble, where's the bass end?

So they are burning in now. I use a variety of burn in tracks typically which include sweeps, pink/white/brownian noise, and this track by Kharma legendary speakers which is a bunch of instruments playing at extremes (piccolos, kettle drums, etc.). However, it sounds like I should skip all this and just use dubstep to help these headphones move along quickly.

I am going to Finland in one week, and I'd like these guys to be moderately burned in by then. So what music will be most effective? Or does it really not matter provided the music is loud?

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #3,688 of 8,352
Quote:
So. Here it is. The prizes up for grabs.

1st prize

The requirement. You have to provide a review of the RHAs. These are actually very good earphones. A bit of a surprise to me actually..Worthy of being packaged with the white Sansa fuze loaded with music you may or may not like. Electronica.. Thanks goes to Danny Bai for providing the Sansa Fuze.

2nd place.

A pair of RHA-350 and one of my all time favorites. The MP8320. Again the winner of this prize is required to give a little feedback about the RHAs. Thanks to Isabelwatson of RHA for providing samples of the RHA-350.

3rd 4th 5th.

The third place winner will also get a pair of MP8320s. The rest will get Rosewill woodies. Makes for great gym buds and actually have better sound than you think.

Ok so the prizes aren't from the prices right. But hey it is something to shoot for. The RHA phones will surprise the guys that get them..And who don't want a White Sansa Fuze.?

It doesn't have to be the Clip + does it Dsnuts? Is the clip zip okay?

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #3,689 of 8,352
Any source. The more creative the better. This will be a fun event. Looking forward to what you guys can come up with..

The guide lines for the event are on the top of the page on the OP. Good luck guys.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,690 of 8,352
Any source. The more creative the better. This will be a fun event. Looking forward to what you guys can come up with..

The guide lines for the event are on the top of the page on the OP. Good luck guys.

Yeah, I checked the OP and I couldn't find any info about what music player you can use. So you can use any music player, cool. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back