The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Dec 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3,556 of 8,352
Quote:

Considering that trance.fm (a) seems to have awesome tracks and (b) is at 320kbps and (c) is free, I think I'm pretty satisfied for the time being - sounds amazing on my headphones and iem's. Same goes for mixcloud and soundcloud for that matter. And I have downloaded some of geko's tracks to my clip zip, so I can listen to them offline, and they are very good. Spoiled we are! :)

I'll have to look into trance.fm one of these days.....free is good when you're on my budget. 
redface.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #3,557 of 8,352
Listening to it now. I don't want to let this get to your head or anything, but that is fantastic! Sounds friggin' amazing on the S500's. NIcely done.

So, you somehow created that awesome "show". I have no idea how you would do it, but it's impressive. And I suppose that you had it played on trance.fm as well.

All I can say is.. very cool.

Thanks for the huge compliment, and I'm very happy that you love my mixes. It's my passion mate. :wink:

Yes all my shows are aired on trance.fm, you can check the tracklisting here:

http://www.trance.fm/people/6720

Hey geko, thanks for that link. I definitely want do download them all at some point, but unfortunately at the moment I'm getting a bit low on disk space. Can you recommend a few tracks for now?  Thanks.

Yeah, I can recommend the hard vibes mixes very highly mate. They are probably my most favourite shows I've done to date.

LASER KISSED VIBES 22 and 23:
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4LQ4LDky/_online.html#dir=477487136

Also, I think you will enjoy episode 18. Classics :wink:

I'll have to look into trance.fm one of these days.....free is good when you're on my budget. :xf_eek:

Or you can just download some of my shows from the link I posted before mate. :wink:

---

PS. You Android guys should try XiiA radio and ServeStream apps. :wink:

XiiA has la huge amound of radio stations from all over the world. Neat app too.

ServeStream can pretty much handle any radio stream you throw at it, and with minimal battery drain. Including all of TRANCE.FM's 320kbps streams perfectly. Pure bliss!! :wink:

I just want to thank you all who recommended me these amazing headphones, they really do love to excite with trance music. I will post some feedback about them soon.

Getting ready to order some Gunmetal ones too. :D

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #3,559 of 8,352
Just when I thought I had squeezed out every bit of goodness, soundstage and detail out of my one of my S500a and my HM5 pad mod..........well guess what, I just managed to one up myself with these amazing headphones.  I did a cable upgrade this morning, using a Baldur MKII cable, and............smoother, more detailed, better definition from bass, mids, and highs, even better imaging and instrament separation, improved mids (as if that was possible).....they are now my new BFF!

I now have plans for a DHC cable on my other pair of S500, and I have another Baldur MKII cable to try with my S400!

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #3,561 of 8,352
For some of the trance lovers who weren't here in the beginning.....listen to this song on your S500. Obviously it sounds better if you can find it somewhere else than YouTube, though...lol.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3,562 of 8,352
Quote:
For some of the trance lovers who weren't here in the beginning.....listen to this song on your S500. Obviously it sounds better if you can find it somewhere else than YouTube, though...lol.

Wow - that was great. She is great! Thanks for posting that.

That prompted me to find this "Armin van Buuren Mega MIx":
http://www.mixcloud.com/reasontaipei/armin-van-buuren-mega-mixavb/

Sounds good so far :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #3,563 of 8,352
I really loving my S500s already, only got about 15 hours on them right now and I can feel the sound opening up.

All my electronic collection sounds amazing on them!

When I get time I will do a comparison with them and my Sony MDR-V55s which are in a similar price facto. Alreadyy I can say that the sonys have a much more loose bass, and slightly masked highs.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #3,564 of 8,352
Quote:

That's a big phone man lol And, I'm starting to covet it! I've been listening to gelo95gek's latest trance show on my SGS2 for, well, it seems forever, and it sounds amazing. If your SGN2 sounds any better... lucky you!

Crazy trance stuff. Crazy S500's!

It's a 'phablet' 
wink.gif
 It's really lovely though, you need to have it in your hands to really appreciate it. The big 5.5" screen is awesome and great for watching videos on etc. The size really becomes second nature after a few hours. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,565 of 8,352
Quote:
I really loving my S500s already, only got about 15 hours on them right now and I can feel the sound opening up.
All my electronic collection sounds amazing on them!
When I get time I will do a comparison with them and my Sony MDR-V55s which are in a similar price facto. Alreadyy I can say that the sonys have a much more loose bass, and slightly masked highs.

Cool. They really do benefit from extensive burn in, so keep on burnin'!

Quote:
PS. You Android guys should try XiiA radio and ServeStream apps.
wink.gif

Thanks for that. I used ServeStream all day (listening to trance.fm), and I think that you are right about it draining the battery slower. Very cool. And I am now getting lost in XiiA radio. Whoa - lots of music out there lol! Now if only those stations were at 320kbps! (but, 128kbps isn't too bad)

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #3,567 of 8,352
How this compares to the hd25's? Are in the same level? Are similar or diferent in sound signature? Im looking for something similar with less sibilant mids and more power on the lows

The S500's have deeper bass, slightly better mids, and less sibilant highs. The HD-25 have a hump in the upper mids
that can be quite painfull at times.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3,568 of 8,352
Quote:
how many hours do you guys think is enough for burning them in?
im aiming for 300 hours by next week- should be enough?

I would think so....but others might say keep going. I stopped at a little over 100 hours myself....there was a noticeable difference by then and I was impatient to start actually listening to them.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3,569 of 8,352
Nothing short of 1K hours. I am being serial.  My pair now seem to adapt to different sound signatures by itself with no modding. Light and airy for instrument and vocals. Throaty speedy and thick for rock n metal. Sparkly highs shimmering mids and high resolution bass for Jazz, EDM and hip hop.

Only when you get to 1K..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back