The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Dec 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #3,496 of 8,352
I followed this thread from Page1 to here and i am very interested about the S500.

I have Denon D1100, AKG LE 518 now, anyone has some similar comparison among these?

JVC HK just announced this in HK, HKD488.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,497 of 8,352
Quote:
Burning them in at 3.5 volume on my FiiO E11 + EQ1 setting (more bass).
They are vibrating like mad lol
tongue.gif

Is that something I should worry about and reduce the volume??

crank it up to 10
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #3,498 of 8,352
They are vibrating like mad lol :p

should be fine i think
i have mine set to a dubstep song on loop and they're audible from 5-10 feet away
have them play louder than your highest volume listenable, but not maxed out volume should be safe

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3,499 of 8,352

As stated only sold in sets, all three and extra stock pads for $20 shipped Paypal gift!  US shipping only!

Would you ship to Canada if I paid the extra shipping?

On another note, my friend just bought the ATH M50's and wow. Those are pretty amazing as well. They fit way nicer on me and sound just as good imo. I kind of wish I just got the M50's as they seem so much more comfortable and they don't leak sound since they cover the whole ear, which is ideal when i'm studying in the library. Have any of you compared the two?

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3,500 of 8,352
crank it up to 10 :tongue_smile:

LOL! :p

I think that would be crazy... :p

should be fine i think
i have mine set to a dubstep song on loop and they're audible from 5-10 feet away
have them play louder than your highest volume listenable, but not maxed out volume should be safe

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up.

I've set it to about 3.7 on my FiiO, as I usually listen around 3.1. :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #3,501 of 8,352
Quote:

Would you ship to Canada if I paid the extra shipping?

On another note, my friend just bought the ATH M50's and wow. Those are pretty amazing as well. They fit way nicer on me and sound just as good imo. I kind of wish I just got the M50's as they seem so much more comfortable and they don't leak sound since they cover the whole ear, which is ideal when i'm studying in the library.Have any of you compared the two?

i had a pair of M50's, didnt last more than 10 days.  Mids more recesed than the S500,  bass was ok but not better IMO. overall, more V shaped.  Comfort, M50 wins.
with all the talking and a huge score from Joker, i was kind of disapointed,  they are good but no that much better or even better than the S500, sold them to som1 that was all over those M50 because of the endless reviews and made a profit.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #3,503 of 8,352
Here I use the volume on 5 + Gain on high + EQ 1

Ah cool. That must be quite loud lol

I got my FiiO docked to my iPod, playing Sick Music 3 at 3.7 volume... low gain and EQ1. :D

These things are so tight and controlled with the bass it's amazing! :cool:

Sick Music 3 sounds amazing through them, great clarity and speed.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #3,504 of 8,352
On an unrelated note, are all of you guys using the Sandisk Sansa Clip MP3 Players?

Is there any reason why so many of you are using it? I am in need of a new mp3 player and was just going to get an iPod, but it seems like many of you are using the sansa so I might give that a go as it's so much cheaper.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,505 of 8,352
Quote:
They are vibrating like mad lol
tongue.gif

Mine were horrible out of the box and did vibrate in the bass like crazy at the beggining, giving me unvoluntary ear massage. Normal - just burn them in; eventuaaaaaaaaaa..................................................aaaaaaalllllllyyy they settle down - like 100 or so hours loud music playing at the very minimum.

Enjoy !

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #3,507 of 8,352
Mine were horrible out of the box and did vibrate in the bass like crazy at the beggining, giving me unvoluntary ear massage. Normal - just burn them in; eventuaaaaaaaaaa..................................................aaaaaaalllllllyyy they settle down - like 100 or so hours loud music playing at the very minimum.

Enjoy !

Ah that's good to hear mate thanks.

Been playing them loud for over 6 hours today with a variety of music. Will continue tomorrow.

So, I basically, f-cking hated the m50's. Needed to get that off my chest.

You're far from the first person I've seen who says that.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #3,508 of 8,352
Double post.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #3,509 of 8,352
Triple.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #3,510 of 8,352
Quote:
On an unrelated note, are all of you guys using the Sandisk Sansa Clip MP3 Players?

Is there any reason why so many of you are using it? I am in need of a new mp3 player and was just going to get an iPod, but it seems like many of you are using the sansa so I might give that a go as it's so much cheaper.

Well, at one point, dsnuts had promised to host a "clip party". Everybody was going to suggest a few songs. They were going to be uploaded somewhere, and at the same time, we were all going to listen to them and, well, party! I felt very left out, so I bought a clip zip.

The very great news is that this clip zip is pretty amazing for the price. Sounds great. Super small and light. Great price. And you can "rockbox" it to get a lot more features (like enhanced EQ).

The very very very sad news is that dsnuts seems to have deserted the clip party idea. So sad. Boo hoo!
triportsad.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back