The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,292 of 8,352
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,294 of 8,352

Cute I know how you feel. You are sitting on the leather sj5 island and I on the pleather hd25 island.

Im considering it.. if you do the 25 pleathers maybe I'll be obligated :wink:

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,295 of 8,352
Quote:

You mean the $23 or whatever on Amazon?  I think that was a pricing mistake, that seller quickly corrected that.

Lucky for me I got mine when I did then....lol.

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #1,296 of 8,352
Quote:
Cute I know how you feel. You are sitting on the leather sj5 island and I on the pleather hd25 island.
Im considering it.. if you do the 25 pleathers maybe I'll be obligated :wink:

I have only used the leather sj5 on the s500 since I got them......for the best mids, highs, bass, balanced sound, vocals are stunning.......I have no desire to try any other pads on the s500.  I have two pair of s500 and the second pair  is still in the box.....I may open them soon to compare a pair with no burn in, or to use with alternate ATH velours.  With the leather pads, I prefer these over my full size ATH-W1000X, modded with DHC cable and ATH-D2000 drivers (when I got them I thought they were impossible to beat), but the s500 are just that good.....600hrs and counting.  The s500 are all that I listen to now.....waiting on the next Carbon Nanotube find!

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,297 of 8,352
I just got the ATH velours yesterday and now I just need to find some time to have a detailed listen.  Keep holding back on the ATH leather since I already have 3 sets of pads for these.  Really curious though.  I think this headphone sounds really good with all three.  

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,298 of 8,352
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #1,299 of 8,352
Quote:

I have only used the leather sj5 on the s500 since I got them......for the best mids, highs, bass, balanced sound, vocals are stunning.......I have no desire to try any other pads on the s500.  I have two pair of s500 and the second pair  is still in the box.....I may open them soon to compare a pair with no burn in, or to use with alternate ATH velours.  With the leather pads, I prefer these over my full size ATH-W1000X, modded with DHC cable and ATH-D2000 drivers (when I got them I thought they were impossible to beat), but the s500 are just that good.....600hrs and counting.  The s500 are all that I listen to now.....waiting on the next Carbon Nanotube find!

Well, you could try a pair of them S400  ...there's a differences in sound which I'm quite sure you'll be surprised by.

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,301 of 8,352
From the looks of those pads those should sound very similar to the AKG pads I recently tried..Somewhere between the ATH and the HD25 pads in sound. The pad thing has gotten crazy. lol. Too many to keep up with. All in the quest to find the perfect match for the HA-S500.  I just had a funny thought. What if all this was a wild goose chase and these leather ATH pads ended up sounding just like the stock pairs. After buying and trying out 4 different pairs of pads the stock pads end up giving out the perfect sound. I might have to throw on the originals just to see how far we have gotten away from the intended stock sound actually.

Another thought. I own a pair of WS55. Similar sized on ears. I should try those pads.

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #1,302 of 8,352
Quote:
Am I the only one that just uses the original pads? lol
I did try Grado "comfy" pads for about 20 minutes, and went back to the stock ones.

I use em'!
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,304 of 8,352
Quote:
From the looks of those pads those should sound very similar to the AKG pads I recently tried..Somewhere between the ATH and the HD25 pads in sound. The pad thing has gotten crazy. lol. Too many to keep up with. All in the quest to find the perfect match for the HA-S500.  I just had a funny thought. What if all this was a wild goose chase and these leather ATH pads ended up sounding just like the stock pairs. After buying and trying out 4 different pairs of pads the stock pads end up giving out the perfect sound. I might have to throw on the originals just to see how far we have gotten away from the intended stock sound actually.

Another thought. I own a pair of WS55. Similar sized on ears. I should try those pads.

I thought of that but didn't bother since they both appear to be the same type of material.  From a quick glance it looks like the WS55 ones might be bigger in diameter....so I don't know if they would even fit.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #1,305 of 8,352
I have two pair of s500 and the second pair  is still in the box.....I may open them soon to compare a pair with no burn in

Pleeeeeeezze please do this! I am dying to hear an exact comparrison from out of the box to a pair with hundreds of hours of burn in. Pls do it with the same pads on each.

I HEARBY SWEAR IF CUTE DOES THE ABOVE I WILL IMMEDIATELY ORDER THE LEATHER PADS and post my impressions. SIGNED_____Doc_____

Users who are viewing this thread

Back