The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #1,111 of 8,352
Mine came in 2 days ago. I won't bother describing the sound because so many people have and because i am a noob and don't know how to use any of those fancy smancy words. lol. These sounded amazing to me out of the box though and i only have about 8 hours of burn in so far, so if everything you've all been saying is true, then these will EASILY be the best headphones i have ever listened to. (Which isn't saying much in my case :L The best headphone i have listened to prior to these is the Philips/O'neil Snug) 

Unfortunately for me i don't have many high quality songs so these are being rather unforgiving to me for the most part in my itunes collection. For some reason they sound better when i am streaming from spotify, anyone know what the quality for that is? 

Oh yeah, and i am definitely going to try analogsurviver's 48 hour burn in method. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #1,112 of 8,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ic3M0nk3y /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately for me i don't have many high quality songs so these are being rather unforgiving to me for the most part in my itunes collection. For some reason they sound better when i am streaming from spotify, anyone know what the quality for that is? 

Unless you are paying for spotify, the bit rate is not that great

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,113 of 8,352
Mine came in 2 days ago. I won't bother describing the sound because so many people have and because i am a noob and don't know how to use any of those fancy smancy words. lol. These sounded amazing to me out of the box though and i only have about 8 hours of burn in so far, so if everything you've all been saying is true, then these will EASILY be the best headphones i have ever listened to. (Which isn't saying much in my case :L The best headphone i have listened to prior to these is the Philips/O'neil Snug) 

Oh yeah, and i am definitely going to try analogsurviver's 48 hour burn in method. 

Icemonkey, if you want something for sleeping and not as big as the s500, with the same technology then get the fx40. They both complimet each other perfctly, th fx40 has more treble and sparcle, you wont regret it. They are cheap but dont be fooled by the price, they are good.

Burn them, they get better.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #1,114 of 8,352

Icemonkey, if you want something for sleeping and not as big as the s500, with the same technology,easy to use and carry on, then get the fx40. They both complimet each other perfctly, th fx40 has more treble and sparcle, you wont regret it. They are cheap but dont be fooled by the price, they are good.

Burn them, they get better.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,115 of 8,352
Interesting, where can you buy these?

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #1,117 of 8,352
SO after some more burning (possibly 600 hours) I can comfortably say that they surpass more expensive headphones.

Feeding them off a MZ-NH800 (Hi-MD): They sound clean and punchy with Trance. They really dig out the bass and then deliver it in spades. The best part is that the rest of the spectrum is there too!

There doesn't seem to be any treble roll-off that I can hear and mids stay strong too.

Feeding them through the Objective2 with said MD in line-out mode: The biggest difference would be soundstage as everything seems to really open up and gives a very 3D effect.

To sum it up: I just ordered two more pairs, one in gunmetal and one more in black!

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #1,119 of 8,352
omg I really want one of these but I hate paying that much for shipping.

Well guess what...... You are gunna pay it anyways even when they are sold in the US. where do u think the import tax and other expenses to distribute in the US get made up? In the retail price thats where....

I betchu the msrp in the us will be about 79 bucks. Thats my guess. Just do it.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #1,120 of 8,352
Quote:
Well guess what...... You are gunna pay it anyways even when they are sold in the US. where do u think the import tax and other expenses to distribute in the US get made up? In the retail price thats where....
I betchu the msrp in the us will be about 79 bucks. Thats my guess. Just do it.

Yeah, I probably will. :p

I kind of regret not getting them back when they were like $20 for a little while there.

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #1,123 of 8,352
How are these for DJ headphones? 

I was considering getting the ATH-M50's, but I'm a cheap bastid, and Dsnut's thread on the CKM500's made me go out and buy those, got them today and am already in love with them, looking for a pair of cans to match. HOWEVER, I want the cans for DJing purposes, so I'm wondering if these are good enough for referencing (with the HD25 velours, I'm probably going to take that recommendation too). Keep in mind I'm just a basement DJ hobbyist, so I'm not playing at clubs on 50k watt systems.

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #1,124 of 8,352
Quote:
Thanks.  And I love the new avatar. 

I originally put it in after seeing the "Sexy September" theme in the explain your avatar thread...but I like it so much I may keep it when the month is over...lol. 
Quote:
How are these for DJ headphones? 

I was considering getting the ATH-M50's, but I'm a cheap bastid, and Dsnut's thread on the CKM500's made me go out and buy those, got them today and am already in love with them, looking for a pair of cans to match. HOWEVER, I want the cans for DJing purposes, so I'm wondering if these are good enough for referencing (with the HD25 velours, I'm probably going to take that recommendation too). Keep in mind I'm just a basement DJ hobbyist, so I'm not playing at clubs on 50k watt systems.

I'm no DJ, but for what it's worth, I think they S500's work very well with electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back