The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Feb 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #7,966 of 8,352
  You do a lot of grocery shopping dude 
tongue.gif

Once a week my good man... once a week! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #7,968 of 8,352
I have bought the pad and received it! I bought from Japan,Around 22 USD..Have to say..its really Comfy =D Best pad! Should have know it long ago >_<

Congrats, you won't take the pads off now.

It was discussed long ago Btw :wink:

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #7,970 of 8,352
Feb 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #7,971 of 8,352
  i got mine today!! so happy :)

when i opened the box i noticed a nice greeting card and two origami crane :)  this seller is so cool! -------> bear84speeed

i'll post some pics asap

Nice one!

I got origami and a letter with mine in 2012 lol

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #7,972 of 8,352
  i got mine today!! so happy :)

when i opened the box i noticed a nice greeting card and two origami crane :)  this seller is so cool! -------> bear84speeed

i'll post some pics asap

He is really good.
He was also the first one to start selling S680.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #7,973 of 8,352
My girlfriend (okay I have one now :p hehe) really loves the S500. Since they're portable, I bring them over whenever I drop by at her place instead of bringing my full sized Goldrings. Quite a few times she kept saying that she wants proper headphones instead of some 5 buck ones she got from Daiso (this japanese store that sells everything for 5 bucks) and its starting to fail on her, and another pair of Philips headphones. I don't know what model is it but it looks like this.

She just placed an order for an AKG K551 since it's on sale for a few days. Get this, it's only like $100 plus. That's $200 off.
Wow. Now she has a better pair than me :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #7,974 of 8,352
  My girlfriend (okay I have one now :p hehe) really loves the S500. Since they're portable, I bring them over whenever I drop by at her place instead of bringing my full sized Goldrings. Quite a few times she kept saying that she wants proper headphones instead of some 5 buck ones she got from Daiso (this japanese store that sells everything for 5 bucks) and its starting to fail on her, and another pair of Philips headphones. I don't know what model is it but it looks like this.

She just placed an order for an AKG K551 since it's on sale for a few days. Get this, it's only like $100 plus. That's $200 off.
Wow. Now she has a better pair than me :frowning2:

Where was this?  I could use a set

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #7,976 of 8,352

He is really good.
He was also the first one to start selling S680.

how many s680 references can be made?  I'm starting a running count now

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #7,977 of 8,352
One year later...

I'm just the regular listener. I listen to house/trance. I love the sound of these headphones, though this is only my second pair of headphones.
The original pads have softened quite a bit and they are fairly comfortable now. I did buy the HM5 pads, which were the softest pads that have ever touched my ears. Sadly, they make the headphones a lot uglier. So I took them off and kept the S500's stock.

For travel protection in my gym bag or work bag, I use one of my girlfriends shoe bags haha. I have a nice dark blue Prada soft cloth bag I throw them in. The cloth bag isn't as bulky as a hard case, but gives me enough protection from random scratches or whatnot.

Though, I'm looking for a wireless headset that won't break the bank because the wire on the S500 is too short for me. The cable length for me is like a phone recharging cable by your bed, it's just a little bit too short to comfortably play with... (that's why I have a 2M phone recharge cable now). I know the sound quality is going to go dramatically when I get a wireless set, but we'll see what happens.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #7,978 of 8,352
I now have a very nice Naugahyde Pouch for my S500's, the wife did it up on her machine and added 550 Paracord drawstrings!

Installed.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #7,979 of 8,352
  I now have a very nice Naugahyde Pouch for my S500's, the wife did it up on her machine and added 550 Paracord drawstrings!

Installed.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

That's pretty sweet! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back